The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Curious because your post from earlier seemed off. It was a bit hard to follow so wasn't sure if it was too confusing or if you had it wrong.
Also you seem to have strong ideas about breeding with the lavender related issue and how to bred against it.
I thought at one time you said you didn't believe it could be bred out but another time you said it could.

Yes, it's true. I've developed some pretty strong ideas and opinions about it. I'm a bit obsessed with the lav gene actually. I've probably put at least a couple hundred hours of research/interviews into it since taking on the Isabella leghorns, so I'm sure some of that has evolved my stance. I was thrilled to find reputable breeders that had succeeded in breaking the link between fray and lavender. (They're not easy to find!) It's possible that that was when my opinion evolved from "not possible" to "possible".

I'm sorry if my earlier post was confusing. I tend to get excited about the topic and ramble on about it in weird ways. :lau

I was having such a blonde moment trying to figure out why it would not work. I had no clue I was getting punk'd.

But to stay on topic. Moonshiner I love all the chick pics here. You hatch a lot of chicks. Love all the different colors all mixed together.
Hey! I'm blonde. And I am not stupid. Not all blondes are dumb. It's stupid to judge someone's intellectual ability based on their hair color. :plbb
Here's a thread for more general chit chat and cat fights...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-moonshiners-leghorn-thread-peanut-gallery.1437993/

Moonshiner, were there any colors you got that when they grew up you thought they were just the ugliest pattern you'd seen?
Omg I laughed out loud. This is one of the best questions I've ever been asked.
I'll have to respond later today when I'm done working. I'll need time for a proper answer.

Yes, it's true. I've developed some pretty strong ideas and opinions about it. I'm a bit obsessed with the lav gene actually. I've probably put at least a couple hundred hours of research/interviews into it since taking on the Isabella leghorns, so I'm sure some of that has evolved my stance. I was thrilled to find reputable breeders that had succeeded in breaking the link between fray and lavender. (They're not easy to find!) It's possible that that was when my opinion evolved from "not possible" to "possible".

I'm sorry if my earlier post was confusing. I tend to get excited about the topic and ramble on about it in weird ways. :lau
So what have you learned as the best approach to breeding it out?

Back
Top Bottom