To the heart of my matter.
Patience is a virtue.
Someday.

View attachment 2867783
To the heart of my matter.
Patience is a virtue.
Someday.
I'm not good at patience.
Those d@mn MF have been too long of a road.
Multi gene patterns are difficult when starting from next to scratch. I have quite a few from this years hatched so I'm anxiously waiting till spring to see what I have to work with.
How far away is spring?

Multi gene patterns are difficult when starting from next to scratch. I have quite a few from this years hatched so I'm anxiously waiting till spring to see what I have to work with.
How far away is spring?
Look at him working diligently on your MF's, @MIAMI LEGHORN. So sweet. 🥰

How far away is spring?
I got to tell you whatever it takes it's all good.
Much respect must be given to breeders DOING THE WORK.As trivial as some people think it is, the hard work is much to be respected.
I've shelved my Gold Duckling project for now
...just taking care of my chickens keeping my stock healthy and planning for hopefully next spring. Didn't have any good experience with hatching this first round, only the Silkies came through. I only got one Silver-Brown Leghorn cross chick that didn't make it past a week.
On the other hands, our Silkies did not come from a hatchery and these things are as fertile as the Napa Valley.
Am I to assume the fact that ,the Leghorns being hatchery chicks contributes to the issue? IDK.Could be. Someone local pointed out a potential problem which was under my nose that the room I was using to keep my incubators was air conditioned and a Hovabator would struggle in that room...even if both thermometers INSIDE the incubators were reading 100.5?
Could be; all of the above and then some.

Anyways, I touched base with a few breeders 2 hours north of here and I might pick up some stock come spring.Both have non hatchery stock all from their yards and they tell me they have a high percentage of fertility and high hatch rates. We'll see.
I'm going to try a different room next time around and see where it goes.

I miss those Miami Teases.

Back
Top Bottom