The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I mainly want nice blue gold duckwings. Black gold duckwings would probably be used with other pens too, and splashes would just be to keep the blue gene around mainly. So I'd either have a pen with splash hens and a black male (or other way around) and a pen of only blacks, or I'd gave a pen with blue males and then blue, black and splash hens
I run my BBS Orps together. Mauve and Chocolate are running together. When the BBS Silver-laced are solid, I'm going to run a Black Silver-laced pen and a BBS one.

:frow
Realized I haven’t checked in here for quite some time. Hope everyone is well.
@The Moonshiner, care to give me a quick update on your flock, save me a lot of reading backwards? :D

I have white leghorn eggs in my incubator, due to hatch this weekend! They could be pure, or the daddy could be a light Brahma. It should be easy to tell the difference when they hatch. I have 10 eggs (plus 7 light Brahma eggs, possibly pure, possibly opposite cross) locking down tonight. I have never owner leghorns, so I’m counting on you fine folks for anything breed specific that I might need to know. :p

:frow
Realized I haven’t checked in here for quite some time. Hope everyone is well.
@The Moonshiner, care to give me a quick update on your flock, save me a lot of reading backwards? :D

I have white leghorn eggs in my incubator, due to hatch this weekend! They could be pure, or the daddy could be a light Brahma. It should be easy to tell the difference when they hatch. I have 10 eggs (plus 7 light Brahma eggs, possibly pure, possibly opposite cross) locking down tonight. I have never owner leghorns, so I’m counting on you fine folks for anything breed specific that I might need to know. :p
Would those be feather-leg peacomb Leghorns? :cool: Or . . . . ?

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU
Oh hardi Har Har.

You'd probably have both an aneurysm and be amazed at the small amount of mixed colors, let alone mixed pens I have in my pages of blueprints

Would those be feather-leg peacomb Leghorns? :cool: Or . . . . ?
Brahorns?
:lol
The pure leghorns would look like leghorn chicks, the mixed would resemble brahma in the legs and combs. So they're saying they might have some pure and some not, but it would be easy to tell right away
Yea, that's what I'm thinking. With just those 2 breeds, even though she had them all together, the cross babies should be obvious. Local lady just sells eggs, all she cared about was white and brown. She actually got rid of the roosters about a week before I got eggs, so luckily fertility was still good.

Back
Top Bottom