The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Like some kind of weird tree huggers or something?
Not exactly. We do the same thing kinda on pur property for the most part. Only animals that get killed are the ones that are a threat to the livestock. But deer and coyotes that stay away are left alone. And porcupines too. Never even consider shooting those needle heads

I was waiting for this to be said.... thank you for finally getting it done.

Yes they are laying.... I been feeding them DE, ACV and pumpkin seeds and its sure getting those boys to lay! Amazing stuff.
Wow! I need to try this! Can't believe I've been letting all my roosters slack off all these years, smh

@ColtHandorf
Not quoting your Megaosaurus reply....
Just doing variety packs because I'm not looking to sell eggs per say so I'm not set up to. This will just be extras I can't fit in the incubator.
When I set up pens for myself I try to figure out how to get more then one variety from the same pen. More varieties in less pens. I don't have many pens with just one variety. Maybe just the buffs.
I could let eggs go from just a certain pen or two though I guess.
This is what I'm trying to do as well. So I get the most out of the breeds I want. 😊

I hope to order some from you. Brother said I need to sell all the EE babies I produced first. Hes wise, because i want more than I can handle at one time usually. Also have 35 coming in a week and a half. 😔 Embarrassed.

Like some kind of weird tree huggers or something?
Like @Conan?
@ColtHandorf
Not quoting your Megaosaurus reply....
Just doing variety packs because I'm not looking to sell eggs per say so I'm not set up to. This will just be extras I can't fit in the incubator.
When I set up pens for myself I try to figure out how to get more then one variety from the same pen. More varieties in less pens. I don't have many pens with just one variety. Maybe just the buffs.
I could let eggs go from just a certain pen or two though I guess.
I was just thinking Silver would come in handy for making these...
SilDWBCupNZFlock.JPEG

But a mix would be nice, too, for pretty colors that lay reliably.

And we have an overabundance of varmints here too.
I'm sure there's tons of coons but coyotes are bad too and those are noticed a lot. You can hear at least 3 groups during the nights.
The one neighbor did take out a lame coyote once because it was getting pretty bold as it got more hungry. They were losing chickens and cats.
They actually would buy a ton of chickens at auction every now again and they would all be gone in a few months.
I couldn't even get either to let me deer hunt either. I'm gonna assume it has to do with both running cattle on their properties and be worried about cattle and gun play coming in contact.
Both are friendly and we've helped each other out over the years so not a personal thing.
Did ya know MDC has extended furbearer seasons? Especially for racoon. Varmints are definitely on the rise here. I've started seeing foxes in town again, and i can hear the coyotes coming closer than ever. https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-reminds-public-extended-furbearer-season

Did ya know MDC has extended furbearer seasons? Especially for racoon. Varmints are definitely on the rise here. I've started seeing foxes in town again, and i can hear the coyotes coming closer than ever. https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-reminds-public-extended-furbearer-season
No I wasn't aware. I gave up trapping for furs long ago and don't keep up anymore.
But more importantly..... where the h*ll did you come from? After all these years are you still stalking me?

No I wasn't aware. I gave up trapping for furs long ago and don't keep up anymore.
But more importantly..... where the h*ll did you come from? After all these years are you still stalking me?
You caught me. i was actually stalking you this time looking for Mare.
Then i remembered i could just text her.
So..

up yours. :plbb

Back
Top Bottom