The most comonly asked question on BYC... What gender is he?

May 2, 2020
Eastern Michigan
Well, you might notice I said he, because that's what I'm thinking(and hoping) he is😏 We bought him about 2 weeks ago at TSC, and he has carried himself very upright from the beginning. He must be about 3 weeks, because he was only 75 cents. Any input on gender would be great, as would any opinions on raising a nice cockerel, he is a light Brahma BTW☺View attachment 2272347

Sorry, I can probably get some later, but it is raining right now, so trying to load pics is a lost cause. It is a Oarnge and red color, kind of like my Leghorns comb was, but nothing like my Jersey Giant, who's was a red color right from week one lol. Also, it is starting to get larger, and has little bumps now.

Here are some new chick pics.
0803201400b.jpg
0803201400.jpg
0731202031a.jpg

Kinda hard to see, but from what I can see, it's also a cockerel.
Sorry.

I think I just get lucky with cockerels.
I spend a lot of time with them though.
I carry them around a lot & let them jump onto the bench next to me and sit on my lap.
I don't know how my two 7 week old cockerels are going to turn out.
Pumpkin's son is a really sweet boy so far, but he's not been getting on well with the other chicks.

I'm hoping the Wyandotte isn't, it has a black tipped comb, kind of like my sex-link did. It also doesn't carry itself the same way, more hunched than upright. Thanks for the advice. Hope your chicks get along.

Back
Top Bottom