The most dangerous cake recipe in the world!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by BettyR, Mar 11, 2009.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    The first time I made it, my hubby's best friend was up from Indianapolis for the weekend and around midnight while they were watching some blast from the past movie which I had no interest in, I decided to make me one of these.... 10 minutes later, there I sat in the t.v. room with my mug in hand self indulging in that wonderful quick fix called Chocolate Cake in a Mug!! And no, I didn't share!!

2. peeplessinNC

peeplessinNC Songster

Oct 23, 2008
    NC Piedmont
    I just made this Chocolate Cake in a Mug, and I have to say it turned out pretty tasty. I made it by the recipe except that I used only 2 TB melted butter, added a pinch of salt, and cooked it only for 2 1/2 minutes on high. My microwave is a crappy little thing that is over 25 years old and I do not know the wattage for it on high. But after 2 1/2 minutes it looked like it was going to over flow so I pulled it out. I lifted off the top 2-inches, put in 2 reg. marshmallows and put the top cake back on. 'Course, I didn't let it sit long enough to completely melt the marshmallows, but it was close to Rocky Road.....if I had added some nuts and chocolate sauce.

I'll make this again when I have a craving for cake, but next time I'll make sure there is vanilla ice cream handy.

3. Firework

Firework Songster

Nov 30, 2008
    Minneeesooodaaa
    I can almost smell in now! Mmmmmm! [​IMG]

4. hispoptart

hispoptart Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Quote:I wonder how long it would last in the fridge if ya mixed up the ingredients and put them in baggies, or you could mix just the dry ingredients and have ready made baggies of them to use later.

5. kimisfishing

kimisfishing Songster

Oct 1, 2011
    Branson Missouri
    That would be a great gift idea, I have 1/2 pint jars that I could put it in LOL

6. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Songster

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I made this for Hubby and I last night. For icing we used a blob of marshmallow cream on top, it melted in and was the perfect touch. I always add salt to the recipe too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: