The most horrific thing I have ever witnessed

barnie.gif
Wow! How horrible!! I don't know how large/small your coop is, but I think I'd be lining the floor with hardware cloth. Sorry about your little bird
hit.gif

Quote:
It's so easy to have no idea - they are pretty sneaky until there are too many of them to stay out of sight.

That's so sad, Cackling Hen. I'ts wonderful that you were close enough and tuned in enough to hear the commotion right away - saved many little lives, I'm sure.

I agree, very hard to notice, they are very sneaky. The barn I bought my horse from had a horrible rat issue. The first few times I went there I didn't notice. Then I started catching little movements on the pipes dangling from the ceiling, in corners, dark places etc. out of the corner of my eye. Then the barn owner mentioned her rat issue and I started noticing literally dozens when I would be there for an hour or two...
sickbyc.gif
She finally had to have a professional come out and he still does on the regular to refill bait stations etc.

Im so sorry.. thank goodness you and your hubby caught the action on time.. or else it would be much worst. May your bird be in peace in birdheaven.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry for your loss.
hit.gif
I hope she rests in peace. Down with the rats!!
somad.gif
Don't use glue traps outside but if the rats are inside your house they work quite well. So sorry.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Yes it would have. They're pretty bold, and chickens are helpless at night, so don't beat yourself up over that. If you're catching that many of them, you really need to put poison out. We put it under a metal box with a hole in it so the rats can get it, but nothing else.

Quote:
Yes it would have. They're pretty bold, and chickens are helpless at night, so don't beat yourself up over that. If you're catching that many of them, you really need to put poison out. We put it under a metal box with a hole in it so the rats can get it, but nothing else.

Oh that's a great idea thank you

Back
Top Bottom