The movie "Fresh"

Quote:
Dairy goats are much easier to house, much smaller, and honestly a joy to raise. We added them to our little farm last year and it was one of the best self sufficient moves we have made (outside chickens of course). Also, IMHO, goat milk tastes better and it is a fact it is more nutritious than cow milk.
Plus, you get to have cute little guys like this around.
16513_102_5579.jpg

Just a thought.

It doesnt get much cuter than a baby goat! We have had several Nigerian Dwarf miniature dairy goats over the years...and they are just precious. Never milked any of them, though:)

Quote:
Dairy goats are much easier to house, much smaller, and honestly a joy to raise. We added them to our little farm last year and it was one of the best self sufficient moves we have made (outside chickens of course). Also, IMHO, goat milk tastes better and it is a fact it is more nutritious than cow milk.
Plus, you get to have cute little guys like this around.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/16513_102_5579.jpg

Just a thought.

he's cute

Quote:
I already know that ain't gonna happen. My husband's stepmom has goats. They had chickens too, and that's a big reason why he was so dead set against us getting chickens to begin with. But he did cave on the chicken thing, so maybe he could be persuaded to get a goat or two...

If you want a cow check into the mini-cows less space needed for them and still get 4-6 gallons of milk a day from them. My DH will NOT allow goats on are farm so mini-cow is my only choice for me. The do have a meat/dairy mini-cow there are many different breeds. I am going to watch this and see what it is about..Thanks for the post

Quote:
And my fiance won't allow cows, only goats!! I am curious about mini-breeds, I only just discovered them. Do you have any currently? If so, what breed? How much space do you have/need to house one? I would LOVE to raise a few mini-steer because I just don't have the pasture-space for a big cow. My land lends itself REALLY well to pigs though. There is enough room for the goats too..

Piney, how much room do you have? One or two dairy goats are SO cute and fun. What kind of goats did his step-mom have? I've only had experience with Boer and Pygmy. The Boer were not mine and belonged to my family, so I only saw them in passing or when I wanted to feed them treats. Some of them were bought mean-spirited (they got rid of those pretty quick), so I know they can be a pain.. but most of them were wonderful. Mostly girls, of course. Pygmy's.... are just plain awesome. Although if you're just getting for milking, look into a Nigerian. Also small, but more bred for milk and thus I hear easier to milk. I wanted my girls for milk but also to produce me some offspring for meat, so Pygmy was a better choice.

Good luck convincing DH!

Quote:
Do a Google search there are different breeds and they keep working on them I know one is a highlander I believe.

Back
Top Bottom