The NAIS - Why are they being so pushy???

Quote:
I don't approve of NAIS, but I don't have the same reaction you seemed to have had to your link . . . That is really cool! And a good idea.

Yes. They're used everywhere. Viruses are handy in that they tend to be very host specific.

I dont like NAIS neither our 4H club likes it either with the microchips going on and must register your premises so you can show your birds. No thanks!

Scarey, isnt it when big brother is looking over our shoulders wondering what the heck we are doing with our chickens????

Have you guys ever watched "I Am Legend" With Will Smith? It talks exactly about what happened when they turned a measles virus into a cancer cure and it mutated into a night mare of global perportions. Very interesting movie.

Arklady

Yes. They're used everywhere. Viruses are handy in that they tend to be very host specific

Sorry, I am not okay with viruses of any kind being sprayed INTO my FOOD no matter what they are supposed to do. Viruses can mutate. The arrogance of man is astounding, thinking he can actually control everything, all the time. I prefer my food unadulterated and processed minimally. Viruses being placed there artificially does not qualify. Why the heck do you think I'm raising chickens???

My apologies to gumpsgirl for veering slightly off topic here, although it does relate to the USDA, but not specifically to NAIS.​

Last edited:
You can call it the arrogance of man. As for me, it never ceases to amaze me the power of human creativity and intelligence. We are very lucky
smile.png

Um, yes, it was rude to go off topic . . . No to NAIS!

Quote:
You're a plant right? Someone to talk us into joining nais before the dead line... So you can take our information here.
????

Arklady/ no to nais

No, he's not a plant, he's a Brit, and they have already surrendered much of their freedoms to the government good. This is the country that was (they may have, I lost track) going to outlaw sharp knives. The EU has a grand plan WRT their food supply and total industrial control that makes NAIS look mild in comparison. They've allowed this to happen to themselves - we need to make sure it doesn't happen to us, here.

Quote:
Sorry, I am not okay with viruses of any kind being sprayed INTO my FOOD no matter what they are supposed to do. Viruses can mutate. The arrogance of man is astounding, thinking he can actually control everything, all the time. I prefer my food unadulterated and processed minimally. Viruses being placed there artificially does not qualify. Why the heck do you think I'm raising chickens???

My apologies to gumpsgirl for veering slightly off topic here, although it does relate to the USDA, but not specifically to NAIS.

No apologies needed Cynthia! I'm right with you on all of your point of views! NO TO NAIS!!!

*Didn't we just HAVE outbreak with AE chicks?? EXCELLENT JOB the GOVERMENT DID CATCHING THAT AND NOTIFYING THE PUBLIC!!! One particular key phrase in your quote of NAIS lit, Mayberry, is the 2 little words "foreign animal". The plain fact is that there are VERY FEW small backyard breeders IN THE U.S. who import foreign stock. *IF* NAIS selected THESE FEW as target, there would likely be little resistence. They haven't though, have they?????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom