The NAIS - Why are they being so pushy???

d.k :

*Didn't we just HAVE outbreak with AE chicks?? EXCELLENT JOB the GOVERMENT DID CATCHING THAT AND NOTIFYING THE PUBLIC!!!

How do we know that the Government didn't just spray those chickens with something they created in their labs as a covert ops just to see what would happen and to promote terror amongst us citizens... and to make sure it worked so we would jump on the nais wagon! Or wait... maybe it was the terrorists that did it to kill our economy?

Arklady/trusts america, doesn't trust the feds.​

Quote:
It's funny that you should use foot-and-mouth disease as an example. One can certainly argue that it proves exactly the OPPOSITE of the point you intend.

FMD is *not* generally fatal in cows sheep etcetera... it just makes the animal sickly for a few months and then the animal recovers.

The *ONLY* reason for the mass-slaughter tactic that is used in the UK, US etcetera is that large commercial producers find it less costly to slaughter a bunch of animals, thus limiting the disease's spread, than to have a whole bunch of animals lose condition and fall behind on the profit-making. (Plus, mass slaughter when a case is detected helps keep a country free of FMD, for countries like the UK and US where it is not already endemic, thus, again, preventing ongoing low-level economic losses to mega-corporations).

There are LOTS of parts of the world where FMD is endemic, i.e. occurs at a low ongoing rate, and you know what, there are cattle and other ruminants there, and farming, and everyone does pretty much okay. You just can make a slightly better profit margin with the mass-slaughter program, IF you are a giant corporation that can absorb occasional regional losses.

A small farmer, however, gets completely wiped out in the event a case is discovered near him. Like COMPLETELY wiped out. But because he's not a giant corporation, that does not, apparently, really matter
hmm.png

I honestly don't know enough about the epidemiology of chicken diseases to have an intelligent opinion on whether mass slaughter is sometimes genuinely justified (for everyone's good, not just for giant mega-corporations') for chicken diseases. Just dunno. But don't be citing FMD as an example.

The only reasons an outbreak of FMD is a disaster for cattle (etc) farmers is because GOVERNMENTS DECIDED IT SHOULD BE THAT WAY.

Pat

FMD is fatal in young animals and adults that recover are non-productive and lame for the remainder of their lives...

http://www.fmdinfo.org/aboutfmd.aspx

Managed a farm with it in Poland and have seen the results firsthand in affected dairy, beef and swine. It is not a pretty disease and the results are devastating.

I believe there are vaccines for fmd. Third world countries use them. They are not well known in modern western countries because then small herds/flocks would be protected and large corporations would lose control. It has to be allowed in third world countries because the people would starve to death without it. Large corporations do not want the vaccines available to the masses. That would mean we could produce our own safe food.

Also, the NAIS is so intrusive that it would require that I fill out government forms to go trail riding. I couldn't even ride my horse to the neighbor's without reporting it. That is just ridiculous. Just think about how stupid it is to start asking people to microchip each and every pet chicken and have it registered with the government while the large corporations would only have to get one registration number to cover thousands of birds.

Back
Top Bottom