The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Thankyou , we have Vietnamese breed as well they even have a name they are ganoi breed when I first saw them I did not like them as they have very little feather totally bald breasts and backs and necks but they to have grown on me like you wouldn't believe they allso very hardy and good flyers quite small but like little lead weights when you pick them up and tend to peck you after you let them go again a very capable of living a natural foraging life ,I spend a lot of time watching them they give me great pleasure

frow.gif
Welcome Smokie. Thanks for joining this thread. Love hearing about breeds kept in other areas of the world.

hear a better photo of young ganoi roo he is a proper character he defiantly got a mind of his own , these burds seem to have a character somewhere between a chicken and a pheasant ,I think very good meat burds as they are capable of having a good natural healthy life and are capable of converting any waste or wild food they can find into prime non to faty meat of excellent flavor though lovers of kfc might find these burds take more chewing though

Yes I always pick up coconuts for them some people drink coconut milk and throw away coconut I bring home and split open then they peck out and eat coconut flesh

Back
Top Bottom