The nerve!

Quote:
I agree with mambahre, you can't help small ones being fascinated by animals, parents can easily think "well this is not really trespassing because all my baby wants to do is feed the chickens..

It also makes it easier for the parent to explain to their child, that feeding them could hurt them..
smile.png

Wow! I had no idea people were so inconsiderate. Me? I might buy some realistic rubber snakes and place them in/around things where just the tails were showing and post signs saying "Danger, Beware of poisonous snakes!" Sort of like the radiation sign. LOL

No Trespassing signs are good, but the signs I have are "beware of dogs" and "trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again" imo people coming into your yard and feeding livestock are the same as dogs or any other predator, and should be treated the same way

I am so glad I have a 6 foot privacy fence in the back yard. No gate on the alley side. I do have a lock on the inside of the gate by my house. My neighbor is always finding her gates open and people cutting through her back yard from the alley. I don't understand some people why they think it is okay to treat other people's property like that, if someone did that to them they would call the police and sue. Stories like this make me want to move far out into the country and have big signs that say guard dog, hot wire, what ever to make people stay away.

If you walked up to me and offered 100.00 for one of my hens or my prize roos I would turn you down. My birds are priceless. Execpt for 1 troublemaker
somad.gif
- but that's another story....

Your solution is simple but not cheep. Not extremely expensive either: Electric Netting Fence from Premier 1 fencing. (I do not work for that company)
I vouch for it that it will keep out:
100 lb stupid dogs who want to chase and play until they stop moving ( never tried the fence again)
hungry coyotes even at 1:45 AM ( never tried the fence again)
clumsy(?) people (very respectful of the fence now)
stupid illiterate people who do not read the sign (very respectful of the fence now)
" " " " cannot understand the electric symbol and danger sign

You can put it up anywhere the ground is mostly flat.
You can take it with you when you leave that property and move to another without damage to your rented property.

I got 400' with upgraded posts, 48" high, with an extra high powered solar energizer, extra grounding rods, extra fiberglass mounting posts, repair kits, extra warning signs for about 1,000.00.

You could also enlarge and mount the warning that comes with it printed on every piece of paper in the box about the child who fell with it's head against the fence and was electrocuted and died.
That should do it!
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom