The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Well then I am glad I quoted them then, I thought I recognized the user as one who has been on for awhile - and should know better.

I agree, two usernames is frowned upon (and seems shady). If they want to change their user name to their farm they need to go to a mod and ask to have it changed, NOT just add another user. That raises red flags for me also.

I am confused, again. I thought BBS stood for black, blue, splash. Ameraucans do not come in splach or lavender according to the APA So many people just laughed at the other person for making a mistake and then she got blasted. I appreciate accuracy in the description as well but where is the list of breeds and acceptable colors allowed on this site? I have seen a few people put up their homemade colors and call it a rare version of a breed. I couldn't find this addressed in the rules. I have not sold anything but eventually I'd like to and I certainly wouldn't want to make a mistake after what I just read. Knowing the rules will help prevent years of therapy to gain back my self esteem.
(If she listed it as Amer'i'cana and the hatcheries sell them as Amer'i'cana, wouldn't her post have been accurate, since she did not call them Ameraucana? Just asking.)

So here is my question- what exactly is accepted and what is not when it comes to breeds and colors?

Having said all of that, I am bidding on Wolftracks Ameraucans $15. The splashes are my favorite.
love.gif

Well then I am glad I quoted them then, I thought I recognized the user as one who has been on for awhile - and should know better.

I agree, two usernames is frowned upon (and seems shady). If they want to change their user name to their farm they need to go to a mod and ask to have it changed, NOT just add another user. That raises red flags for me also.
Could it be a husband and wife from the same "farm". I don't know, but it's just a thought.
idunno.gif

Ok to clear up some confusion....I am not ark 81, that is my sister. She saw where it was asked to see my adults. She posted for me because I was cooking dinner. She told me she posted some pics...I looked and said that it showed up as her so she deleted them not thinking that it would have everyone start jumping on me. Yes those are my birds she took them off of her profile because I was cooking and couldn't get to my comp.

And yes I know what an easter egger is...have some of those too. But what was pictured are my americaunas, at the time of the pic they were running together, I do that during winter so they can have a break. I seperate them for a month and then check fertility-then sell pure eggs.

So I hope I cleared up any confusion on my part...sister was not trying to cause problems just helping me out.

I am confused, again. I thought BBS stood for black, blue, splash. Ameraucans do not come in splach or lavender according to the APA So many people just laughed at the other person for making a mistake and then she got blasted. I appreciate accuracy in the description as well but where is the list of breeds and acceptable colors allowed on this site? I have seen a few people put up their homemade colors and call it a rare version of a breed. I couldn't find this addressed in the rules. I have not sold anything but eventually I'd like to and I certainly wouldn't want to make a mistake after what I just read. Knowing the rules will help prevent years of therapy to gain back my self esteem.
(If she listed it as Amer'i'cana and the hatcheries sell them as Amer'i'cana, wouldn't her post have been accurate, since she did not call them Ameraucana? Just asking.)

So here is my question- what exactly is accepted and what is not when it comes to breeds and colors?

Having said all of that, I am bidding on Wolftracks Ameraucans $15. The splashes are my favorite.
love.gif
LOL Your post cracked me up !!

True some colors are not excepted although you can still show.

Hatcheries have done this with the Americanas. They don't have pure bred birds and mislead so many people into believing they have a pure bred bird. There's someone on eBay that sells them like that and it drives me bonkers!!

There's no rule as to what you can sell on this thread, but others may not know the difference and if you are going to sell, just be truthful. Although I've run into soooooo many who think they have pure birds and they are not. I gave up on a few. You just can't get people to listen to what you try to explain. No one wants to be rude, but it's got to be hard at times to except that you've had something for so long and thought they were something completely different from what you were told. You put in money, hatch chicks, sell birds and then........................oops!!! The next group of people are the next to get told they have mixed birds. There's not a dang thing wrong with EEs. Matter of fact, the lavender egg layers I'm working on can also be considered EEs, until I know what color egg they lay and then they go into the project and will hopefully NOT look like EEs when I'm done. But I'd feel just as bad for a new to chickens person came in and bid on eggs that they think are pure breds and they end up with EEs instead.

It's a vicious circle I tell ya.

Oh

And thanks for the bid.
thumbsup.gif

Ok to clear up some confusion....I am not ark 81, that is my sister. She saw where it was asked to see my adults. She posted for me because I was cooking dinner. She told me she posted some pics...I looked and said that it showed up as her so she deleted them not thinking that it would have everyone start jumping on me. Yes those are my birds she took them off of her profile because I was cooking and couldn't get to my comp.

And yes I know what an easter egger is...have some of those too. But what was pictured are my americaunas, at the time of the pic they were running together, I do that during winter so they can have a break. I seperate them for a month and then check fertility-then sell pure eggs.

So I hope I cleared up any confusion on my part...sister was not trying to cause problems just helping me out.
Good.............All cleared up

And you should see some of the crazy things I hatch out till my flocks are cleared after a long winter of no eggs and letting them keep each other warm. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom