The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DeannaA

DeannaA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I picked up my eggs from Wolftracks at the post office. [​IMG] There were two big holes going through the top, like a sabertooth tiger bit it or maybe a walrus. [​IMG] But I am fairly certain neither of these delivers packages for the post office, I'm going with the post office sucks. There was water inside the bubble wrap with almost all of the eggs. I think they must have left them outside for awhile then brought them into an air conditioned building. None of that matters because they scrambled the eggs. [​IMG] I don't know how. but everything inside is bubbley and all one color. The membrane is floating. I am so sad. [​IMG]They are such beautiful large eggs. And she sent extras, too. they were packed so well that not one was cracked. I don't like you mean postal carrier that hates fragile packages. This is worst shape my eggs have shown up in. But Wolftracks got insurance [​IMG] so I'll get to find out how it works. I just keep thinking of all of those beautiful eggs, wasted. I know there are excellent postal workers out there, it sucks that it only takes one jerk along the way to ruin my package. They are so pretty. Hmmph! Arghg. I can't find many good breeds around here. I am so frustrated. [​IMG] I've had a few other packages damaged, but this was ridiculous.

2. Zootopia

Zootopia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Abilene, Texas
    Oh my!! You are right, that is Totally ridiculous!! So sorry. At least you have the Insurance, hope that works out for you

3. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    the truth about insuring eggs.http://www.jordan-farm.com/blog/

4. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    ok maybe I was wrong, but there are an awful lot of hoops to jump thru.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  5. DeannaA

DeannaA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2013
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I already read this when someone posted a few days ago. I meant I will find out what really happens here where I live, where people don't care about really rules.

I had never had a USPS claim go fairly. No matter how little the post office decides to pay, they have taken the item. ANd they have never paid more than 50% of what the new item was worth.

6. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY

7. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KYTinpusher [​IMG]
    Ends 8/6/13 at 9:00pm EST
    What eggs: 6+ SFH eggs - I have 8 hens and 7 pullets laying, covered by 3 roos. I have hatched eggs from 4 different breeders to make my flock. You will get some small pullet eggs in this batch, but not all. The pullets have been laying for a couple of months and fertility is excellent. I have 6 eggs from today and I will add what they lay tomorrow.
    Starting bid: $10
    Shipping: $18, bubble-wrapped, individually placed inside plastic Easter eggs for protection, and double boxed. Shipped priority mail with insurance.
    I am not NPIP and will not ship to VA or HI.
    Must be paid for by 8:00AM on Wed. 8/7, and will be shipped 8/7

again, i'd love to bid, if you'd ship to VA...

8. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    KYTinpusher,

It really is worthwhile to get your NPIP. Getting registered to ship to VA does not cost any money. According to the State Vet, it is a matter of filling out the paper work and verifying the NPIP status. Nothing wrong with broadening your market with minimal investment. I do not know what they charge in KY but in VA the charge is nominal and up to the tester. The tester who did my chickens did not charge me at all.

I am now a certified NPIP tester in VA and do not charge much, usually a mileage cost to get to the test site (farm) and a nominal charge per bird. 4-H kids & poultry club folks are often done for free as I want to encourage their interest in chickens.

9. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Holy mother of pearl those SFH eggs are so tempting. But my bator won't be free again for another couple months. (Unless I put some use to this old cooler..*gears turning*..)

10. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    my legbars are hatching. 5 so far Sueg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by