The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper

Nov 3, 2010
    [​IMG][​IMG] This is the worst box I've received here lately. Still takes a heck of a blow to smash the corner of the box in that way. Surprisingly 6 of the 8 eggs that were in there survived the trip and are developing.
  3. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Flock Master

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    I saw pics a lady posted on FB of a homemade set up I could not believe. She took a plastic storage tub and set it in her spare bathroom tub and used a heat lamp she hung from the shower curtain rod. Then she used a piece of cardboard to make a divider on one side she put a temp gauge and a little jar of water for humidity. She took the pic of eggs hatching and other chicks that had hatched on the other side. She said they used that one whole year! And it works! Did not cost her a dime!
  4. nicole63021

nicole63021 Chillin' With My Peeps

If I didn't set 13 eggs from you a week ago I'd be in! LOL!
  5. nicole63021

Wow, that's awful, I'm in St. Louis County, but have not experienced those issues. The hub that serves my area is one that also sorts, and they are very good with the packages thankfully. 1 of the postal workers even has chickens! Not sure if there is a way to determine the sorting hub or not, but if possible see if they can go through Ballwin (63011).
  6. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
  7. nicole63021

Yeah, my shipped chicks went the opposite way, and had a 1 day delay. Came from Ohio, then to a small IL hub, then Chicago, then St. Louis, then Earth City, then Ballwin....36+ hrs late
  8. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
  9. jnjmanning

jnjmanning Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Sullivan Missouri
    St Louis main sort facility is in Hazelwood. I have had good and bad shipments come through there. And had eggs lost there. Good thing is to get personal with your post master at your local PO. He/She can get more done than you would know.
  10. chickydee64

chickydee64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2013
    I started canning two weeks ago............letting broody's do all the incubating............[​IMG]
    I don't know why I still one here but DH and I .................and our Great dane...................and about 60 chickens................
    O well..........................[​IMG]........................[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by