The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I mean show the pictures! Not show the birds! Lol

Here are pics of the Cochins....I have never had them really critiqued before...tell me what you think...they are from a lady on eBay who does only Cochins and has every color under the rainbow...I don't remember name I can look it up...but I know others have mentioned her name as a leader in breeding or at least quality breeding...lord now I need to go see. My babies have awesome feathered feet full big buns and are pretty small too. I DO not know the SOP for these yet...sorry...but I bet you do!

I have 3 people down for a flat of eggs. After I fill those orders I'll be culling back for winter. Rather I should say processing for us for winter meals.

CyndiChick 1 flat
yinepu 1 flat in sept
llbolen 1 flat.

If I missed anybody please let me know.

My splash hen is laying while the other is still broody. So I have splash silkie eggs and sizzle eggs from a mixed color pen and I have a white silkie hen that has a few black spots on her that is also in the sizzle pen. So I'm gonna do a mixed auction

Up for AUCTION is one dozen (12) eggs from 2 pens, Splash bearded silkie pen which has a roo that has botten 1st place 3 times in BV and is about to be shown again on the 27th and 2 more times in Sept. He is from Bobbi Porto stock. The splash sizzle pullet was shown also and won 1st in the "other" feather legged catagory.

Auction bidding starts at $15 with shipping at $15. Auction ends in 24 hours and payment is expected promptly at auctions end and will be shipped on Monday. I bubble wrap each egg and put them between 2 egg flats and tape that together. The bundle is surrounded on all 6 sides with either shredded paper or plastic grocery bags to prevent them from moving in the box. Eggs will be set with air cell up. Out of the chicks i've hatched I have great fertility and hatch rates but I can't guarantee what the PO does to them in transit and incubation methods.

The sizzles colors are black, blue,splash, silver laced grey and they are covered by a white silkie roo that has a few black spots on him.

White silkie hen. It's an old pic and she was broody at the time.

I just took some pics of the sizzles I hatched lately, well my broody's did. Here are pics of them. I do have a few more that are outside in the juvie pen that are a bit older. I'll get pics of those when I go back out for my last egg check.

This little partridge looks like it's gonna be a frizzled silkie which is showable

This one has smooth feathers and are not frizzled

This is another that looks like a frizzled silkie

These next ones are a bit older and are all frizzled. this one is white

A blue and a white. A different white than the one above

this is a beautiful partridge with a white hiding behind it. Same as a white one above. I just have 2 whites in this group.

The same 2 whites and same partridge and a blue

A view of it's crest coming in

The partridge again, one of my favorites. I guess you can tell.

This is one of Ghosts babies. This ones mother is the silver laced grey smooth hen. You can see here it's crest coming in.

Same chick as above just different angle. I got 2 smooth chicks out of this bunch which are a black and a blue.

The white, black and partridge hens are not laying right now so several of these chicks you may not get any like them. The partridge hen is back in production but I don't think she is laying again yet. She helped brood these chicks along with her pen mate the black hen. The white hen is out of the pen preparing for a show. the black hen will also go to the same show.

The one below is one of the white ones in the juvie pen. It had escaped and thought I would get a pic while I had my hands on it. I'm keeping this one and named her Lisa. Since her mothers name is Pricilla. lol
I swore I wouldn't buy anymore eggs this year but I can't resist! I bid $15

I mean show the pictures! Not show the birds! Lol

Here are pics of the Cochins....I have never had them really critiqued before...tell me what you think...they are from a lady on eBay who does only Cochins and has every color under the rainbow...I don't remember name I can look it up...but I know others have mentioned her name as a leader in breeding or at least quality breeding...lord now I need to go see. My babies have awesome feathered feet full big buns and are pretty small too. I DO not know the SOP for these yet...sorry...but I bet you do!

i'm thinking you mean Roslyn Pickens? aka luckypickens she does have some nice birds but some have a few flaws that I don't care for... that being said, my silver laced came from her. LOL and my reds and my original mille roo. oh and my blue pullet. LOL

to be able to critique a bird with photos, multiples of each individual bird are necessary. from side, front, back and above.

kepiru, my cochin roo (my own breeding, his sire's from Roslyn) IMO is a good example of the type I'm looking for... it might not be "show quality" they prefer more fluff and roundness, but that fluff and roundness can also get in the way of natural breeding as many require trimming or AI. (artificial insemination) and I'm not going that direction.

I've seen a lot of her birds with stiffer central tail feathers that make a bit of a 'peak' on the tail but it's supposed to be a nice smooth curve.
hop on over to the cochin thread if you want the 'pros' to evaluate your birds (but remember, lots of pics for each bird)
the cochin thread

I mean show the pictures! Not show the birds! Lol Here are pics of the Cochins....I have never had them really critiqued before...tell me what you think...they are from a lady on eBay who does only Cochins and has every color under the rainbow...I don't remember name I can look it up...but I know others have mentioned her name as a leader in breeding or at least quality breeding...lord now I need to go see. My babies have awesome feathered feet full big buns and are pretty small too. I DO not know the SOP for these yet...sorry...but I bet you do!
i'm thinking you mean Roslyn Pickens? aka luckypickens she does have some nice birds but some have a few flaws that I don't care for... that being said, my silver laced came from her. LOL and my reds and my original mille roo. oh and my blue pullet. LOL to be able to critique a bird with photos, multiples of each individual bird are necessary. from side, front, back and above. kepiru, my cochin roo (my own breeding, his sire's from Roslyn) IMO is a good example of the type I'm looking for... it might not be "show quality" they prefer more fluff and roundness, but that fluff and roundness can also get in the way of natural breeding as many require trimming or AI. (artificial insemination) and I'm not going that direction. I've seen a lot of her birds with stiffer central tail feathers that make a bit of a 'peak' on the tail but it's supposed to be a nice smooth curve. hop on over to the cochin thread if you want the 'pros' to evaluate your birds (but remember, lots of pics for each bird) the cochin thread
You are right! It is her! Just looked it up! Ahh well yes I do need to get them looked at! I have a flock of nine birds. That's a lot to post..lol

That's funny you say ghost out if the 4 chicks they all have chipmunk pattern the one that looks white has a super faint lavender chipmunk pattern you can kinda see the color on his neck. My daughter calls him ghost. And all 4 are a distinct and different color partridge it will be fun to see how they turn out. so far it looks like 2 frizzle silkies 1 sizzle and 1 flat. These pics are from last week.
I got one like that chipmunk striped one in the second pic, chick on the right. Mine is looking silkied but still too early to tell. The ones from Ghost that I've hatched all looked like this.The one in the middle up front.

The partridge hen had an egg in this bunch then she went broody. I don't know if you got any of her eggs before I set these. The date on the pic is wrong. I took this pic on 8/5/13. Here it is now. I just took these pics last night.

The original hen is the white one with a few black spots. She is the main hen that has most of these in her bloodline. The roo that produced Ghost was a grey silkie roo. I've changed roos everytime I added pullets so none of the hens are related to the roos. I've used a different color roo everytime. There is no telling what colors you can get. I had a beautiful hen that looked like a golden laced chocolate. I don't know if that is such a color but that is what she looked like. She disappeared unfortunately.

Chick-Among-Us: Please please please offer some of those silkied OE and AMs next spring :) I will definitely bid then! That was an exciting auction

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom