The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    I mean show the pictures! Not show the birds! Lol

Here are pics of the Cochins....I have never had them really critiqued before...tell me what you think...they are from a lady on eBay who does only Cochins and has every color under the rainbow...I don't remember name I can look it up...but I know others have mentioned her name as a leader in breeding or at least quality breeding...lord now I need to go see. My babies have awesome feathered feet full big buns and are pretty small too. I DO not know the SOP for these yet...sorry...but I bet you do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MollySanWV

MollySanWV Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2012
    West Virginia
    I swore I wouldn't buy anymore eggs this year but I can't resist! I bid $15

3. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    i'm thinking you mean Roslyn Pickens? aka luckypickens she does have some nice birds but some have a few flaws that I don't care for... that being said, my silver laced came from her. LOL and my reds and my original mille roo. oh and my blue pullet. LOL

to be able to critique a bird with photos, multiples of each individual bird are necessary. from side, front, back and above.

kepiru, my cochin roo (my own breeding, his sire's from Roslyn) IMO is a good example of the type I'm looking for... it might not be "show quality" they prefer more fluff and roundness, but that fluff and roundness can also get in the way of natural breeding as many require trimming or AI. (artificial insemination) and I'm not going that direction.
    [​IMG]

I've seen a lot of her birds with stiffer central tail feathers that make a bit of a 'peak' on the tail but it's supposed to be a nice smooth curve.
    hop on over to the cochin thread if you want the 'pros' to evaluate your birds (but remember, lots of pics for each bird)
    the cochin thread

4. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    You are right! It is her! Just looked it up! Ahh well yes I do need to get them looked at! I have a flock of nine birds. That's a lot to post..lol

5. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I got one like that chipmunk striped one in the second pic, chick on the right. Mine is looking silkied but still too early to tell. The ones from Ghost that I've hatched all looked like this.The one in the middle up front.
    [​IMG]
    The partridge hen had an egg in this bunch then she went broody. I don't know if you got any of her eggs before I set these. The date on the pic is wrong. I took this pic on 8/5/13. Here it is now. I just took these pics last night.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The original hen is the white one with a few black spots. She is the main hen that has most of these in her bloodline. The roo that produced Ghost was a grey silkie roo. I've changed roos everytime I added pullets so none of the hens are related to the roos. I've used a different color roo everytime. There is no telling what colors you can get. I had a beautiful hen that looked like a golden laced chocolate. I don't know if that is such a color but that is what she looked like. She disappeared unfortunately.

6. kiwijean83

kiwijean83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2012
    Bend, OR
    Chick-Among-Us: Please please please offer some of those silkied OE and AMs next spring :) I will definitely bid then! That was an exciting auction

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  7. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

I think you just came up with the 2014 BYC bumper sticker![​IMG]

I want to put it in my sig line.

8. chrishw

chrishw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    Awesome! I just had to fix it a tiny bit for us with birds for brains

9. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas

Ok! Just remind me...I will be happy to!

1 person likes this.
  10. Jeniferl29

Jeniferl29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Adairsville, GA
    Chick, I think you should put up another auction. I had fun egging people on. Lets go again. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by