The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas

Lol that is funny! Sure WAS fun...I am honored we had so much fun with my auction y'all made me feel awesome! No kidding I quit swapping cause I you would STOP DEAD a swap a soon as I put my eggs up... You would think I laid these eggs myself .hahaha. I was hurt i tell ya!

I can only put up another one if it ships next week (got other orders this coming week.) :/ So it would be Monday NEXT week for it to ship. So maybe I should wait huh?

2. Jeniferl29

Jeniferl29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Adairsville, GA
    I look forward to it. Lol You really must let me buy some of your silkied Am or OE eggs whenever you have some extras. Let me know how much they are a dozen and I will start saving up. :p It is the one thing I really want to add to my flock. I have only been able to find them for sale on a single website. The eggs are costly and I would prefer to buy them from someone I can trust rather than a complete stranger. I could be paying a lot of money for Lord only knows what...lmbo! :lol:

3. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    Ok not a problem! The OE are the only adults that carry the gene plus the roo is silkied himself. I have this flock of juvie silkied ams growing out right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    Several are for sale...if you only lived closer :/

Wait where DO you live?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  5. Jeniferl29

Feb 18, 2013
    Adairsville, GA
    Adairsville, GA. North West GA.

6. Jeniferl29

Feb 18, 2013
    Adairsville, GA
    Aw, I love them! I wish I was closer. I used to spend every summer in Texas and it was over 13 hours on the road to get there. Dang! I guess eggs are going to be my only option. :/

7. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    That is far. Sigh...if someone would drive to my house I have silkied birds I would give them a great deal on I don't need for my projects. And are really nice birds. :p figures!

8. Jeniferl29

Feb 18, 2013
    Adairsville, GA
    Yeah really...lol Have you ever heard of a farm named Olivender Farm? That is the place I saw online that sells eggs. Theirs are $55 a dozen with free shipping buts buying something sight unseen from someone I have never shared a single word with is kind of scary to me. I have bought some eggs on eBay before, like marans eggs but I figure Paypal has my back to an extent and also EBay. It is frustrating when you can not find a breed you really want anywhere near by you know?

9. EdenCamp

EdenCamp Chillin' With My Peeps

There are very few people that have the silkied Ams - they spontaneously occured in a pair that hatched in TX 2010.
    Very inbred apparently, managing to hatch and raise to maturity was incredibly difficult. Several generations later, it's much better, but many couldn't take the heartbreak and stick through it. They are still very rare. Rare is rarely inexpensive. I've got a few choc/mauve silkied Am eggs available now but I'm fine with putting them in the bator as it's about open again.

10. EdenCamp

EdenCamp Chillin' With My Peeps

There are very few people that have the silkied Ams - they spontaneously occured in a pair that hatched in TX 2010.
    Very inbred apparently, managing to hatch and raise to maturity was incredibly difficult. Several generations later, it's much better, but many couldn't take the heartbreak and stick through it. They are still very rare. Rare is rarely inexpensive. I've got a few choc/mauve silkied Am eggs available now but I'm fine with putting them in the bator as it's about open again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by