The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    I am selling my split/ silkied olive egger eggs in an odd way, kinda like I did the auction. But i do it this way to give extra eggs and be able to keep them within a nice " fresh window". I put in 6 of the silkied/ OE eggs and 6 of any other breed a customer wants that is available ( usually lav/black) several extras are included...I charge 35 a doz this way.Plus shipping...I don't know how people include shipping! It cost anywhere from 15 to 18 to ship depending on the box.. I can't include shipping I charge 16 for shipping. But it is very common for me to ship 18 eggs to a client who wanted 12 ...speaking of I need to ship two boxes today I better get to it! I ship in the evening so eggs are traveling at night as far as possible...don't sit normally waiting for the 5 pm truck and it is cooler...I have to go to Walmart and get some coolant for the boxes....my pure silkied am eggs in bbs will be 65 a doz plus shipping. Or I can hatch them and sell chicks...much more lucrative anyway. Most of us who have had adult laying silkied ams...have stayed in that price range. I paid 100 per doz for mine originally. Now I have people I trade birds and projects with fairly regularly...that is a different matter... When dealing with these birds the people in the project do a LOT of wheeling and dealing :D lol and trading and swapping and ...yeah all that. But I paid 75 plus shipping for ( shipped UGH) quality silkie eggs. I just pried my wallet open and did it...now I have darling precious silkies with show qualities. ( some of my favorites!)

2. newtwinmom

newtwinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2012
    East Texas

Where are you? I'm in East Texas, about half way between the LA state line and Dallas, a touch north of I20. I'd travel for some of your eggs :)

3. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas

We are directly south of you a touch north of I- 10 between Houston and the LA line. Come on down! Lol what kinda eggs do you want?

4. Chickengirl1304

Chickengirl1304 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    California
    I know there are some Northern California chicken ppl on here so... I'm selling my buff/gold laced brahma flock. PM if interested :)

5. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    I know we have some Tn. folks too and I am selling my BCM flock to work with other colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    Those a re nice bcm hens!

7. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Really that is a lot of money. I have nice Silkied AM's I got from CatKai (eggs that is) and never paid that much. I will not be selling my over what I paid for them. I'm just waiting on my coop to be finished for them to go in.

8. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas

Hmmm, that's odd. Maybe she gave a nice deal for driving or something? I know last year Kim was selling her eggs in about the same price range as the rest of us. I get lots of birds and eggs from her all the time,she will often make certain deals in certain situations...dunno, I will ask her if she is planning to sell her eggs way lower than the rest of us. I wouldn't want to price my eggs to high or to LOW and price someone who gave me a great deal out of the market completely. :/

9. Jeniferl29

Jeniferl29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Adairsville, GA
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]The price you quoted me is about what I have seen on other sites but I just saw on eBay that someone was selling eggs a couple months ago and they sold for $10 a dozen and $12 shipping! What?! Where was I? Hmmmmm. They have sold on there quite a few times and they have a Craigslist listing selling their adults for like $10-$15. They are in Florida . I wonder if she is on BYC? Everyone who seems to have any of these birds all are on here or know one another...lol

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  10. chick-among-us

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    Yikes! I sell Easter eggers for 10 a doz. there is an Inbreeding factor and lethal gene factor in the silkieds.I wonder what these people are doing for the breed? I dunno. I know people who paid over two hundred for a breeding trio. I personally have an awful lot of money time and heartbreak involved with this breed. I am all for auctioning off,swapping,outright trading ,whatever it takes to keep costs down. But I Have and DO invest in breeding stock if I can't make a great deal with someone I know as a reputable breeder, i buy them.Take it from me I have had darn near original bloodlines that dropped dead. AND disreputable breeders who will say something is one thing and you get you a whole mess of something else. Once I paid a lot of money for eggs that where ALL infertile ...NOT a reputable breeder AT ALL. you get What you pay for IMO.

I have sent a message to Kim asking her to check out this conversation and see if I am way off base. I know other breeders some of the original breeders or close to it like me (as most of the older ones are out)....don't seem to think my prices are out of line with theirs some of whom are hatching all their eggs and not selling any right now... These eggs have always not been inexpensive.
    I have BLRW direct from Jerry Foley..sigh those wont be cheap either. I have jubilee orphingtons again not cheap. Those are selling really high right now...I'm not selling mine now. U nless they are improving something somewhere...they will not be successful anyway. Lol I guess this means ya don't want me to list that auction now? Hehehe. Just kidding!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by