The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I like to pop in from time to time to see what up on the auctions. Would it be possible to post where the eggs are coming from? shipped eggs are a gamble I know but I have better luck when they are coming from certain areas I think.
Thanks
Karen in Turlock California

Most members have their location under the avatars or profile. But you can always send a private message to the seller fir their location.

I'm going to be unsubscribing from this thread for a while. But it's nothing negative from/about/to any of you.

I just lost my main roo this past Sunday, (full story HERE) and it's affecting me a lot more than I thought. I really am feeling kinda hopeless about my flock right now. I go outside and just wait to hear that long, echoing crow. But it never comes. I never thought I'd get so attached to a chicken, but I guess I did. He was "the man" here, and now he's gone. It has been a VERY hard blow to me and my flock - maybe more so to me.

Add to that the fact that I haven't had a single shipment from McMurray Hatchery that has survived yet this year (despite all of them being vaccinated) and I just feel like I'm "done" for now. I'm going to step back and invest in some spring traps for foxes/coyotes, clean and re-bait my cage traps, and work on building more secure predator-proof pens where my chickens can actually be properly and safely separated by breed. I've also got a neighbor stopping by in the morning, who works for the Georgia Poultry Lab, taking several of these chicks in for a necropsy (which they do free of charge). I'm going to get some answers, and I'm going to get that f****** fox taken down right now. Hopefully I don't become so depressed about it that I give up on chickens entirely. But for now, my focus will shift.

Good luck to all of you and your hatches!

So sorry.................I totally understand though. I lost some of my best hens last year & it was real slap to me.
I hope you feel better soon

I'm going to be unsubscribing from this thread for a while. But it's nothing negative from/about/to any of you.

I just lost my main roo this past Sunday, (full story HERE) and it's affecting me a lot more than I thought. I really am feeling kinda hopeless about my flock right now. I go outside and just wait to hear that long, echoing crow. But it never comes. I never thought I'd get so attached to a chicken, but I guess I did. He was "the man" here, and now he's gone. It has been a VERY hard blow to me and my flock - maybe more so to me.

Add to that the fact that I haven't had a single shipment from McMurray Hatchery that has survived yet this year (despite all of them being vaccinated) and I just feel like I'm "done" for now. I'm going to step back and invest in some spring traps for foxes/coyotes, clean and re-bait my cage traps, and work on building more secure predator-proof pens where my chickens can actually be properly and safely separated by breed. I've also got a neighbor stopping by in the morning, who works for the Georgia Poultry Lab, taking several of these chicks in for a necropsy (which they do free of charge). I'm going to get some answers, and I'm going to get that f****** fox taken down right now. Hopefully I don't become so depressed about it that I give up on chickens entirely. But for now, my focus will shift.

sorry about your rooster. I hope you don't give up on chickens.

It took me 3 years to get a hen all the way to egg laying age. I would either get a bunch of roos or predators would get them a month before they layed their first egg (every single time, like a curse or something)

So sorry to hear this. Great plan to secure everything, and see you back when you are all set up and ready to go again :hugs

Sorry for your loss. THis can be a challenging set back . . .been there . . . take some time . . . .

Back
Top Bottom