The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I like the Hovabator 1588 or 1590 picture window model with the preset option. Model 1602N is one of the numbers on the package. They are stored in the attic right now and I can't get close enough to identify the proper number. I haven't been using the automatic egg turner, but I probably should; I have been letting the eggs sit upright in cartons and rock the incubator back and forth by blocking it up on one side, then the other. I use the dry hatch method, and add humidity when it is needed for the eggs getting near hatch time.
I was constantly losing hatches with the LG (Little Giant) because of fluctuating temperatures, due to furnace or air conditioning use in my home. The hovabator seals drafts out better, and it's so much easier to see inside to check the eggs without opening any more than necessary. It's a good entry level incubator with a minimum of expense.

1602N model was lower priced from a quick search I did the other one was running round 150 200 with turner

thanks so much the variety and options are very overwhelming . I'd hate to spend bunch of money on something I find I dont want to do again

Last edited:
[COLOR=333333]1602N model was lower priced from a quick search I did the other one was running round 150 200 with turner[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]thanks so much the variety and options are  very overwhelming . I'd hate to spend  bunch of money on something I find I dont want to do again[/COLOR]

If I were spending $150-200 I would get a Brinsea rather than a styrofoam bator.

I like the Janoels. The octagon doesn't have auto-turn or humidity measurement but it is digital, inexpensive and can be used as an easy to clean hatcher if you decide you want to upgrade later on. You can use egg cartons or a single plastic square egg holder to hold eggs upright and simply move a book around to tilt several times a day.

If you want to spend a little more the Janoel 48 has auto-turner, hatch count down, hygrometer and alarms. You WILL need to calibrate and adjust the temp and humidity gage alarm - there's a $20 probe that measures both that's accurate.

All of these can be purchased on Ebay. Forget the foam bators - I spent a MONTH trying to get one adjusted before kicking it back with a return!

I have 2 LG still airs, purchased brand new at the same place. I can't trust the digital temp gauge on either one and had to purchase extras that I calibrated so I know the actual temp inside. However, one holds temp and humidity great. The other holds humidity fairly well as long as I add something absorbent on the wire in addition to filling the trays in the bottom. But the temp spikes really badly for no apparent reason no matter what I do. So it's my last resort, backup bator. I plan to get rid of it eventually. So I guess what I'm saying is from my experience it's not the LG as a whole that suck. It can vary from unit to unit. They're very affordable and if you get one like my first unit that holds temp and humidity well it's not a bad choice. But if you can afford to spend more I'd recommend going with something else.

I just bought a Lyon RX-2 off of craigslist that so far is a great incubator. If you can find a used one for cheap I'd recommend it. Mine came with the auto turner and it's definitely a 'set it and forget it' unit.

Anyone in California? .. I want to participate in this. .. sounds crazy and FUN!

this will be my first time hatching eggs. . Any suggestions on what incubator to get?.. and where can I get the eggs from? ..

Please help. . I am kind of running out of time!

I have eggs for sale if you need. I'm in northern CA. you can send me a PM if interested or check out the info in my signature page for more information.

I like the Hovabator 1588 or 1590 picture window model with the preset option. Model 1602N is one of the numbers on the package. They are stored in the attic right now and I can't get close enough to identify the proper number. I haven't been using the automatic egg turner, but I probably should; I have been letting the eggs sit upright in cartons and rock the incubator back and forth by blocking it up on one side, then the other. I use the dry hatch method, and add humidity when it is needed for the eggs getting near hatch time.
I was constantly losing hatches with the LG (Little Giant) because of fluctuating temperatures, due to furnace or air conditioning use in my home. The hovabator seals drafts out better, and it's so much easier to see inside to check the eggs without opening any more than necessary. It's a good entry level incubator with a minimum of expense.
Hi can you tell me if the auto turner from the farm innovation bator will work in the Hovabator?

Back
Top Bottom