The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

6+ Splash Silkie Eggs for Auction. Bidding starts at $12.50 and shipping is $13.00. Auction ends tomorrow (friday) at 10:00 am. I take Paypal only.

The roo is from Bobbi Porto and the hens are my line. The roo has been shown 3 times and he won 1st in BV twice and 2nd in BV once. One of the hens was shown when she as a pullet and she got 1st in BV. Some of their offspring have been shown as well.

I'll be leaving monday to go up north for a week maybe 2 weeks so these will be the last eggs for a little while. Get them while you can. They may be broody by the time I get back.

This ends in 4 minutes

Anyone in California? .. I want to participate in this. .. sounds crazy and FUN!

this will be my first time hatching eggs. . Any suggestions on what incubator to get?.. and where can I get the eggs from? ..

Please help. . I am kind of running out of time!

Last edited:
Anyone in California? .. I want to participate in this. .. sounds crazy and FUN!

this will be my first time hatching eggs. . Any suggestions on what incubator to get?.. and where can I get the eggs from? ..

You can purchase eggs on here, a hatchery, or a breeder. Very few people are selling eggs now. And incubator just depends on budget, how much work you want to do. Personal preferences, etc

I personally like a hovobator. For me they keep a more stable temp and humidity than an LG. The LG you have to keep a closer eye on them. The location you put it in also makes a difference. It can vary from room to room. Also not alot of eggs are sold in the winter. I do sell year round. I"m out of town right now and won't be back till dec 6th so I won't be selling any till I get back. I post mine on either the 24 hour thread or the just in time thread. My next auction will be posted on the 4th or 5th for a monday shipment and there will be no codes on the eggs either since DH will be collecting them starting on the 5th. I sell silkies and sizzles which is also silkies just frizzled. The colors that I know are laying right now are splash silkies and the sizzles are mixed color. Most have been shown.

Emvickrey has some great splash silkie eggs. I just hatched some yesterday that I had received from her make sure to get some when she gets back. And as for incubators the type is by preference but I would suggest making sure to have an auto egg turner and make to have a fan to stabilize the temp. Also one other thing that would be helpful is getting a battery operated hygrometer and checking the accuracy of the temp with a thermometer you know is reading right, most of the ones with them are as they say for reference, unless you get a full digital incubator, but then it is always wise to give yourself a second opinion to be able to keep your accuracy to the temp and humidity.

I have the little giant 11300. Im on day 19. My temp has been pretty exact. I also have a brinsea spot check thermometer and a accurite thermometer/hygrometer. I am very pleased with my setup now. Its pretty affordable

If you are desperate for eggs or just want to try Incubating (first time can be hard) try with store purchased trader joes or whole foods fertile eggs. These have been washed and chilled but I always get some to hatch. Also at $2.50 a dozen it is inexpensive learning/fun!!

Back
Top Bottom