The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

St Louis main sort facility is in Hazelwood. I have had good and bad shipments come through there. And had eggs lost there. Good thing is to get personal with your post master at your local PO. He/She can get more done than you would know.

I was told, by a postal worker in JC, that Hazelwood is considered the black hole by USPS employees... :/

I saw pics a lady posted on FB of a homemade set up I could not believe. She took a plastic storage tub and set it in her spare bathroom tub and used a heat lamp she hung from the shower curtain rod. Then she used a piece of cardboard to make a divider on one side she put a temp gauge and a little jar of water for humidity. She took the pic of eggs hatching and other chicks that had hatched on the other side. She said they used that one whole year! And it works! Did not cost her a dime!
I would smell awful if I didn't use my shower for a year. Best for me to spend the money to spare my friends such an oder.
sickbyc.gif

I have had ok luck with packages coming in from the south as long as my postal carrier doesn't get ahold of it. I call the post office and have them hold the eggs. She won't bring a package to the door. She will honk, if I don't come running out then she will take it back or drive across my lawn and throw it on my porch from her window. She returns about 5% of my mail stamped that I don't live at this address. Has been for over 5 years. I have complained but they just shrug.

I have had bad experiences with anything coming from the NorthEast US. Packages crushed, eggs broke and scrambled. Best eggs usually come from the Mid-South: Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana. Ohio is a black hole for me. Oddly, Oregon is a bad one to get eggs from, too. Since I live close to OR, (in MT) you would think it wouldn't be bad. But everything is delayed by 2 days or more and the eggs are usually scrambled.
rant.gif

Quote: I'm reaching for better quality food, and I can only get that from my own kitchen. DOgs like chicken too!
big_smile.png

Quote:
My sweetgrass came from Porters. ALL my turkeys have been mild mannered and even my grain delivery driver has come to trust my Bourbon Reds. He would ask me as they saunter up, when I was butchering them. ABout the 3rd time I fugured out this big bury guy was afraid of them, my THree Muskateers!. I said they have never hurt anyone, and are busy bodies and like everyone. And love to visit. He now relaxes around the turkies.

My kids are in charge of putting the turkeys away, So I am comfortable with my kids handling all of them.

As far as housing, I keep the two separated once they start putting on some size. OTherwise they co-mingle in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom