The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

The weather is going to warm up this weekend, so I am able to ship eggs out. What better way to warm up on these frigid days than to watch chicks hatching in the incubator! I have Svart Hona (aka Swedish Black Hen) chicks hatching! 4 chicks hatched so far, 7 in the hatcher starting to pip, and 27 more in the incubator growing strongly, at various stages. The incubator is full!!! The eggs are fertile - 100% so far - and hatchable, so it is time to offer some up.

Svart Hona is a VERY rare breed recently imported from it's home country, Sweden. It is a cousin to the more famous Ayam Cemani, but less gamey in appearance. In a perfect Svart Hona, everything on the bird is black - feathers, skin, eyes, meat and even bones. They are gorgeous small birds (rooster weigh about 4 lbs.) that shine green and purple in the sun. They are very difficult to photograph and do them justice. They are very hearty and lay about 160 cream colored eggs per year. Mine are laughing at this cold and still laying every day.

My trio is a GFF cockerel over 2 Ewe Crazy pullets. They have been laying for about 5 weeks now. They are not perfect, but very few of this breed are at this point. The cockerel has white showing through his earlobes and his comb is not quite as dark as I would like, but is still a very acceptable dark mulberry. The toes and and all but one toenail on all the birds are black. Pictures of my actual birds and the 4 chicks that have hatched are posted below.

I have 6 eggs in hand, laid Mon., Tue. and today. I will add what they lay tomorrow.

The bidding starts at $75. Shipping will be $15, double-boxed and USPS Priority Mail. If you would like them Express shipped, I can do that at an additional cost. PM me with your zipcode for an estimate. Last bid considered will be 10 a.m. ET Friday, 1/16. I will PM payment information to the winner at the end of the auction; payment to be made by PayPal no later than 12 p.m. ET (noon) Friday, 1/16 so that I can get them in the mail on Friday. Sorry, no shipments to AK, HI or VA. Shipping hatching eggs is always a gamble. I pack VERY well to maximize your chance of success, but I can not control how the USPS handles the box or how the eggs are incubated. I can not guarantee that all or any of the eggs will hatch. I do want you to be successful, so I will work with you to make sure you have a good chance to hatch some of gorgeous birds, but NO GUARANTEES. I will PM details to the winner. If you can not agree to these terms, please do not bid.

$75 ( I didn't see where anyone else had bid yet. Please correct me if I missed it )

Quote: You are the first bid, srpaint (unless I missed someone in all the chat posts
hide.gif
). Long time, no see! Glad to see you are back and hope all is going well for you. Thank you for your bid!

$13 on seramas

You people really do love me. I called dibs on opening bid when ladycat said she was about to post a new auction. But y'all are clearly concerned about us not having enough money for GAM to be able to feed me. But it's all good. I robbed GAMjr's piggy bank....$15 to be exact.....so that is my new bid on the Seramas. :D. Children do have their uses.

Auction 12+ Barnyard Mix (All Purebred Stock Free-Ranging for Winter) - $6 + shipping 15$ 2 day priority

I have hens and roos in all of the following breeds free-ranging for the winter:

Crested Cream Legbar, Black Copper, Wheaten, Cuckoo, Blue/Splash Marans, Wheaten, Lavender, Blue/Splash Ameraucanas, Barred Hollands, Norwegian Jaerhons, Jersey Giants, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Red Shoulder Yokohama, Salmon Faverolle, Barnevelder, Mottled Houdan, Sultan, Rhode Island Red & White, White Leghorn

I will ship 2 day priority, most likely 15 eggs. I can ship more of a certain color if you want.

I will ship Monday 1/19. Auction ends Saturday 9:00 PM Central.
I bid $10

Auction 12+ Barnyard Mix (All Purebred Stock Free-Ranging for Winter) - $6 + shipping 15$ 2 day priority

I have hens and roos in all of the following breeds free-ranging for the winter:

Crested Cream Legbar, Black Copper, Wheaten, Cuckoo, Blue/Splash Marans, Wheaten, Lavender, Blue/Splash Ameraucanas, Barred Hollands, Norwegian Jaerhons, Jersey Giants, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Red Shoulder Yokohama, Salmon Faverolle, Barnevelder, Mottled Houdan, Sultan, Rhode Island Red

I bid $10

Apparently the fact that my children wear walmart bags on their feet to school doesn't affect any of you people. Looks like Robojr won't be getting his allowance this month....

$12 on them there colored eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom