The new (human) baby thread...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Robin'sBrood, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Now that my baby is 8 weeks old (already! [​IMG] ) I feel bad posting on the "expecting" thread, so I thought I'd start a new one to continue the discussions once the little ones arrive. I have a question about diapers... which are you all using and what are your thoughts on them? I've tried Pampers Swaddlers, Huggies, and Luvs. So far my favorites are the Pampers. I've probably used at least 300 of them and not one leak! And they're so thin and soft... diapers sure have come a long way since my oldest son was a baby, 22 years ago!

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Songster

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Pampers Swaddlers gave my grandson a rash as an infant because the meshholds the moisture to the hiney! We have used the cheap ones on him until recently now he is in pull ups!
    My oldest DD is due in August and wants to use cloth!

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Songster

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    pampers fit my 6mth old weird so I switched to huggies and those were ok.Then I went to target and bought a box of their genaric kind bc they are silly cheap and they hold up really well to her and her masive amounts of pee all at one time.

I used cloth with my others but this baby is so darn dinky they just dont work well with her.And she holds her pee for 30+min then lets it all go at once and floods them out.I use prefolds and covers and sometimes woolies, and nothing really fits her securely.Maybe once she gains weight I can whip them back out bc they save me a ton of $$$.

4. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Songster

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    there is a lot of babies getting chemical burns from the new pampers so I stocked up on huggies and I have cloth diapers if I can keep up with the laundry.

5. suzettex5

suzettex5 Songster

May 26, 2009
    California
    Congrats on your new baby!

I have 5 kids, and I was a pampers mom for the first 2, no problems, then for some reason I tried huggies ( I think it was because they had a really cute design on them) Ever since then I have been a huggies mom. I havent ever had a leak I can remember. I am interested in hearing from moms who have tried store brand or generic or costco brands, I would like to hear how they stack up to name brand.

6. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    great idea!
    i started out using pampers but we are using huggies now..pampers seem to seep through with my little boy.
    i cant believe my little guy is 10 weeks old..i remember when i had just found out i was pregnant and so had you!
    [​IMG] time goes by too fast!

7. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Songster

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I never had luck with the store brand diapers....they always leaked. I loved pampers until the new media mess going around. My kids also hold the pee and go all at once sometimes.....especially close to potty training time and night time.
    I can't believe we spend so much money on something that holds pee and poo.....
    I did get some cloth All-in-one diapers a couple babies ago. Has the liner and wet pants all in one with a pocket to slide in the pad.....I can put one or two pads in there depending on if it is nap time or I need extra protection. It also have adjustable snaps to fit baby..... FuzziBunz diapers.....

[​IMG]

8. agnes_day

agnes_day Songster

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i wish they would bring back the blue and pink diapers.

9. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I tried Pampers and they gave my daughter a horrible rash so I haven't tried them with my son, so far Luvs have been my fav with my little boy [​IMG]

10. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Chemical burns?! [​IMG] I haven't heard anything about that... oh my goodness, I would be [​IMG] if my baby got a chemical burn from a diaper! This little one hates, and I mean HATES, a wet diaper so I probably change him a dozen times a day. We're using Luvs right now and have only had one leak, but they're not nearly as soft as Pampers. Next box is going to be Pampers again. Where do you all get your diapers? I'm getting mine from BJ's... and using the $5 coupons that come in their coupon books. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: