The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The problem I have is making a small enough portion for one person.   With the instant potatoes   I only use 1/4 cup of flakes,   so no leftovers or stuff to throw out. I also use a lot of Ore Ida potatoes and make as few as I want in the toaster oven.

Or I have a 48 oz. carton of light ice cream  - and that is enough food for the entire day.  Plus only get a spoon dirty.
portions are definitely a issue...My wife never learned how to cook fort less since my boys moved out 12 years ago....then my daughter two years ago.....we have left overs forever

Gosh, Phil....don't feel bad! What's right is what's right for you! Folks look at me like I'm crazy when they stop over mid-day and we're just sitting down to eat supper!
idunno.gif

I had a really tough time cooking for two as well. Brother, We had leftovers made up of leftovers. The extra mashed taters are never an issue though. Next day I just whip up a Shepard's pie and use the remaining mashed taters on that! Or potato cakes, or whatever.

I love my Rice Krispies at night. And I've been known to scarf a bowl of Coco Pebbles at midnight myself!
lau.gif

Good morning, looks like you all have been having a chat over coffee already! Nice way to start the morning
smile.png

Phil, when do baby Alice and mom get to go home? They don't seem to keep them in the hospital long any more.

Lost one of my girls last night, this morning it just wasn't the same getting the chickens rousted and going for their day. Tracy was one of my first and my only EE. I miss her but she was loved. We're down to 9 chickens now and DH agreed we need to get more this spring. He love the birds as much as I do.

Time to go get some breakfast, see you guys later!

Good morning, looks like you all have been having a chat over coffee already! Nice way to start the morning
smile.png

Phil, when do baby Alice and mom get to go home? They don't seem to keep them in the hospital long any more.

Lost one of my girls last night, this morning it just wasn't the same getting the chickens rousted and going for their day. Tracy was one of my first and my only EE. I miss her but she was loved. We're down to 9 chickens now and DH agreed we need to get more this spring. He love the birds as much as I do.

Sorry about Tracy
hugs.gif

Thank you @sunflour . When I think about the horrible conditions her & her sisters came from, I'm glad we were able to give them a decent home and lots of love. Our little lame production red, Taylor, is the last one of our originals left. Never thought she would outlive the other 2 but very thankful for that (she's DH's special girl...those 2 adore each other).

Btw, love your new avatar!

smile.png

Sorry you lost your girl.
It is always sad.
We are down to 9 as well, and are too old to lay consistently.
I think I will reorder some in the spring as well.
I want them mixed up this time so I can tell them apart.

Good morning, looks like you all have been having a chat over coffee already! Nice way to start the morning :)

I'm sorry to hear you have lost Tracy :hugs

Always very sad and I have to admit I've cried my eyes out over lost flock members, time is a great healer and I'm sure you will be able to look back on all the great times with Tracy just as I have with my lost ones.
Lots of hugs to you Debby :hugs

Back
Top Bottom