The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sunflour, Eggsy, Kim...you all are some of the best people I know. Thank you for your friendship
hugs.gif

Sunflour, Eggsy, Kim...you all are some of the best people I know. Thank you for your friendship :hugs
so nice, congratulations on the new grandkid Phil, and sorry about your hen NorthFLChick. A lot goes on when sleeping late. I haven't seen the sun in weeks, maybe even months, it's hard to wake up when there's no sun to tell you it's morning.

I'm sorry about Tracy. I felt bad when we lost Pearly-girl, and she was just 9 or 10 months old. I can't imagine how much worse it would feel to lose one you'd had for a long time.

Guess I'm all ready for tomorrow. We do our huge family thing on Christmas Eve at Tam's house. She does such a beautiful job, and everyone brings their part of the dinner. Evan and Katie will share the story of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree and we drink a sparkling apple cider toast to Ma and Dad first, then one for the family members who aren't with us any more, and Evan does the toast for big brother Austin. Some of us go to church on Christmas morning, and some don't. It's a personal choice. Then on Christmas Day everyone comes here for pie and coffee in the the afternoon. Works for us.

Guess I'm all ready for tomorrow. We do our huge family thing on Christmas Eve at Tam's house. She does such a beautiful job, and everyone brings their part of the dinner. Evan and Katie will share the story of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree and we drink a sparkling apple cider toast to Ma and Dad first, then one for the family members who aren't with us any more, and Evan does the toast for big brother Austin. Some of us go to church on Christmas morning, and some don't. It's a personal choice. Then on Christmas Day everyone comes here for pie and coffee in the the afternoon. Works for us.

Sounds like a wonderful day in store for y'all. I love tradition.

I do the bulk of the serious cooking....for entertainment and such.
She does most of the casual dinner for us cooking. Anymore we don't eat dinner together but a few times a week because of her work schedule.

Sour, Blooie, OHLD, thank you for the comments about Tracy. It seemed so strange out in the yard with the other girls this morning. I kept counting because just 1 less made the flock seem so much smaller. She was a beautiful girl and the first one to lay an egg. She was kind of a shy girl and always moving so hard to get a good picture of her.

@Blooie your family holiday traditions sound lovely!

@sourland my husband does most of the cooking for us (he's better at it). I do the baking and the dishes. It works out well for us.

Sour, Blooie, OHLD, thank you for the comments about Tracy. It seemed so strange out in the yard with the other girls this morning. I kept counting because just 1 less made the flock seem so much smaller. She was a beautiful girl and the first one to lay an egg. She was kind of a shy girl and always moving so hard to get a good picture of her.

She was a beauty.

Back
Top Bottom