The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

WOW! Your avatar is just a little scary. Poor baby duckies! They're in some hot water.
ep.gif

I am not sure if there was hot water in the kettle or not, I think she was just browning them.

Being a Navy wife for the first 26 years we were married, we had something similar called "nosy base housing neighbors."  They were welcome, though!  They gave us the skinny on where the bus picked up the kids, what day of the week garbage was picked up, when to expect weekly specials at the Commissary...and of course which other neighbors they weren't speaking to and why!  :lau  I do remember commercials for the other Welcome Wagon, though...nice looking ladies in dresses and heels with baskets on their arms.  Ah, the good old days!
We were rural, our lady came in a station wagon, and wore pants. I miss talking with neighbors and actually liking them. Doesn't happen like that around her anymore.

What made you choose Wyoming? (She asked as she tries to keep up with thread again, after being awol for a while) You could have chosen Wisconsin instead, where we are about ten degree warmer, plus we have cheese, funny that -3 is warmer.

OHLD, good to see you here again!

WY kind of chose us...DH was offered a job here (and a summer job for me). Plus I have family somewhat close by (1 hour and 2.5 hours away). My parents used to bring us kids out this way almost every summer when we were kids so some of it is very familiar...but these winters! Oh my. Definitely a big change from Florida, lol.

What have you been up to lady?

P.S. There is cheese here too if you can make it to the grocery store!

Good morning Folks
frow.gif

Tee hee .. seriously Ken? Someone with a company name of Strumpshaw, Tincleton & Giggleswick has the cheek to poke fun at our place names?
roll.png
LOL

I am somewhere in between Pewee Bend, Dandy’s Knob, Banana Creek and Shag Lagoon; looking at some of those names, it could be worse lol.

Love Troll’s new coat N F C, she looks adorable .. did you have trouble getting one in her size?

LOL Blooie!

On a serious note, it is very educational for me hearing how you guys n’ gals deal with the snow and freezing temperatures; I had no idea about leaving taps running and cupboard [cabinet] doors open; do they seriously freeze closed? We have to remember to let the water run out of the taps before putting our hands under them and risking a scalding.

Today is not so nice and if it was not for the current temperature 72.5F it would be a typical English day, overcast and showery with no sunshine.

Good morning Folks
frow.gif

Tee hee .. seriously Ken? Someone with a company name of Strumpshaw, Tincleton & Giggleswick has the cheek to poke fun at our place names?
roll.png
LOL

I am somewhere in between Pewee Bend, Dandy’s Knob, Banana Creek and Shag Lagoon; looking at some of those names, it could be worse lol.

Love Troll’s new coat N F C, she looks adorable .. did you have trouble getting one in her size?

LOL Blooie!

On a serious note, it is very educational for me hearing how you guys n’ gals deal with the snow and freezing temperatures; I had no idea about leaving taps running and cupboard [cabinet] doors open; do they seriously freeze closed? We have to remember to let the water run out of the taps before putting our hands under them and risking a scalding.

Today is not so nice and if it was not for the current temperature 72.5F it would be a typical English day, overcast and showery with no sunshine.

NO the doors do not freeze shut. water lines under the sink can freeze in some homes. By leaving the doors open heated air goes inside.

You are so lucky to not have to deal with water in the winter. Water wants to be solid and is just a pain for 7 months of the year.

Today ended up really nice it is a bright sunny 4 degrees now, I even took one layer of clothing off it was so nice.

and I got 7-8 eggs without cracks in them!

Back
Top Bottom