The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Flock Master

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    actually I decided I better finish these left overs first. But I was going to look through the index and sees what I might find there.

2. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Glad you're feeling better Phil!

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Sounds like you are ready, I love raising ducks, by messy I mean they drink after every mouthful of food, and when they poop it's liquid squirts, they are very cute and curious and will forage without destroying plants.

4. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG] thanks OHLD!

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I usually don't decorate until the week of Katie's birthday if not a little earlier. I don't leave it up too long - so much stuff has to be moved and that makes it hard on Kendra to manipulate around. She usually walks by holding on to furniture, so when piece A is no longer close enough to piece B for her to step over to the one she needs to keep going, she gets frustrated and resorts to crawling. So it's just as easy for us to take it down as soon as we can, before Jenny goes back to work after Christmas break.

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I usually take my stuff down early too, but my husband has been stopping me from doing so, he's got to go back to work at some point.

7. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    To find Canuck Buck - her thread is called " 'Jest another Day in Pear-A-Dice." She knows all about color genetics etc. etc., has ducks, geese, swans, sheep, Aussie Cattedogs, Lhamas, Chantecleer chicks - she just has gorgeous animals - no joke. Her call name is "Tara."

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Rats! I forgot I was supposed to post photos of Katie on her birthday. So here ya go....plus a couple of the kids at Christmas.

[​IMG]
    Her birthday cake. Her dad made it. And then I "borrowed" a couple of the candy decorations to use on my Gingerbread Coop.

[​IMG]
    She got her doll a few days before her birthday and rarely puts it down. Katie has lots of dolls and each one has an identity and a story. She plays with them all.

[​IMG]
    When she's not out in the chicken coop with Gramma and Grampa, she's all girly girl!

[​IMG]
    Lady Katie and Sir Evan. They had their Christmas "champagne" and started the round of family toasts.

[​IMG]
    Tam's Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.

[​IMG]
    Katie and Kendra. Static electricity got to Kendra's hair, but I love the photo anyway!

[​IMG]
    Christmas Day at our house for the pies. Kenny was teaching the kids that just like in life, everything has a balancing point. He illustrated his lesson by balancing a fork on his nose. The skill set of this family never fails to amaze and impress. <sigh>

1 person likes this.
  10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Blooie, your family really knows how to have fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by