The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

New Macbook! Wow! Will you still talk to us PC and Smart Phone peons? A Mac has been my dream computer for years, but I keep "chickening" out and getting a PC every time! I do like my new HP All in One though, a lot. Not crazy about Windows 10, and the browser that comes on it, Edge, should be pushed over the edge of a cliff! Most of BYCs features work right with it, it tends to type backwards when you least expect it, and a function as basic to home computing as copy and paste doesn't work.

Get those sinus infections cleared up! It's only 40 days until Spring!!

Today is National Siblings Day! I am so blessed to have mine!!

Buncha nuts under a Beechnut tree! Every year when we get together we try to get a good family picture. Try. And try! It's like trying to get a photo of a bunch of 2 year olds....somebody's always busting the setup. This was one of like 30 attempts, and I'm not kidding! I love them all with my whole heart - I like me best when I'm with them!

Still a great pic! You're all together, so that's what counts! I didn't know it was siblings day. Most of my recent siblings pics were from funerals, as we are scattered across the US now.
sad.png

And I have to echo about BYC on Edge!! I like Windows 10 ok otherwise though. I got a Lenovo tablet, with attachable/detachable keyboard. It does type backwards a lot on BYC! And if I insert a smiley, it always puts it back at the beginning of the post. I have to drag it where I want it. Super annoying! I haven't noticed an issue with copy/paste though.

Still a great pic! You're all together, so that's what counts! I didn't know it was siblings day. Most of my recent siblings pics were from funerals, as we are scattered across the US now.
sad.png

And I have to echo about BYC on Edge!! I like Windows 10 ok otherwise though. I got a Lenovo tablet, with attachable/detachable keyboard. It does type backwards a lot on BYC! And if I insert a smiley, it always puts it back at the beginning of the post. I have to drag it where I want it. Super annoying! I haven't noticed an issue with copy/paste though.
Change your browser, WV....I bypassed Edge and went back to Google Chrome and all issues were resolved. I think that Win10 still has Internet Explorer too. You just have to locate it on your computer then click the box to make it your default browser. Other folks are using other browsers. What good does having a browser that lets me "write on web sites" do if I can't do the stuff I really WANT to do? Sheesh! You've been lucky to have no problems with being unable to copy and paste. I could do it fine in any of the word processing programs, but not on places like FB or here, where I'm online. It's such a common problem that if you Google "copy and paste issues with Windows 10" you'll find a lot of people complaining about it.

Edited to add: We did eventually get a keeper - at least I thought it was a keeper until I saw Steve making the horns thingy above my head. <sigh>

Last edited:
Change your browser, WV....I bypassed Edge and went back to Google Chrome and all issues were resolved. I think that Win10 still has Internet Explorer too. You just have to locate it on your computer then click the box to make it your default browser. Other folks are using other browsers. What good does having a browser that lets me "write on web sites" do if I can't do the stuff I really WANT to do? Sheesh! You've been lucky to have no problems with being unable to copy and paste. I could do it fine in any of the word processing programs, but not on places like FB or here, where I'm online. It's such a common problem that if you Google "copy and paste issues with Windows 10" you'll find a lot of people complaining about it.

Edited to add: We did eventually get a keeper - at least I thought it was a keeper until I saw Steve making the horns thingy above my head. <sigh>

I think I lost IE when I upgraded, but maybe I should just re-find it. I love Google, but don't really care for Chrome. I've been a Windows gal all along. I'm on my 4rd or 5th windows smart phone, because I don't like the iCrap or Android. Tried giving Edge a chance.... we'll see. Usually I just stick to my phone anyway.

Very nice pic. Good one to frame! Just spray some green on his fingers LOL

New Macbook! Wow! Will you still talk to us PC and Smart Phone peons? A Mac has been my dream computer for years, but I keep "chickening" out and getting a PC every time! I do like my new HP All in One though, a lot. Not crazy about Windows 10, and the browser that comes on it, Edge, should be pushed over the edge of a cliff! Most of BYCs features work right with it, it tends to type backwards when you least expect it, and a function as basic to home computing as copy and paste doesn't work.

Get those sinus infections cleared up! It's only 40 days until Spring!!

Today is National Siblings Day! I am so blessed to have mine!!

Buncha nuts under a Beechnut tree! Every year when we get together we try to get a good family picture. Try. And try! It's like trying to get a photo of a bunch of 2 year olds....somebody's always busting the setup. This was one of like 30 attempts, and I'm not kidding! I love them all with my whole heart - I like me best when I'm with them!

Thanks for sharing another family thing with us.

I never heard of National Sibling Day - but never heard of World Egg Day before BYC. LOL.

But took your story of family conflicts you posted recently to heart......called my only surviving sibling ( my big sis) New Years - hadn't talked with her for ages and it felt so good to talk with her again.

Edited to add that I don't have a smart phone, still a flip phone for emergencies
wink.png

Not a sibling story....but if nothing happens in the next 2 weeks, my only Aunt left will be 107 years old. Her BD is January 20th, my Aunt Ethel!!
ya.gif
Now that is amazing, and at 106 she was still a sharp lady.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing another family thing with us.

I never heard of National Sibling Day - but never heard of World Egg Day before BYC. LOL.

But took your story of family conflicts you posted recently to heart......called my only surviving sibling ( my big sis) New Years - hadn't talked with her for ages and it felt so good to talk with her again.

Edited to add that I don't have a smart phone, still a flip phone for emergencies
wink.png

Not a sibling story....but if nothing happens in the next 2 weeks, my only Aunt left will be 107 years old. Her BD is January 20th, my Aunt Ethel!!
ya.gif
Now that is amazing, and at 106 she was still a sharp lady.
Just reading that made my heart smile! I'm so happy that it turned out that to be such a nice call! I'll bet she was thrilled!

Aunt Ethel, you are amazing!

Age and birthday related question....how come I can remember the time I was 5 years old and Ma got her very first clothes dryer, then promptly melted my then baby sister's rubber pants in it, but forgot (again) to get something out of the freezer for supper tonight? <sigh>

Just reading that made my heart smile! I'm so happy that it turned out that to be such a nice call! I'll bet she was thrilled!

Aunt Ethel, you are amazing!

I'm gonna miss this years BD Party, but have attended them annually since she turned 99 - so much fun to see the cousins and their generations of off-spring.

The funniest thing thus far from those get togethers was discovering at her 105th BD that she was a college grad - in her time and family, no one ever went to college- but she did. Was widowed relatively young and ran a farm - clean living and not eating too much sugar is what she says is one of the secrets of longevity.

Back
Top Bottom