The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sorry to hear that Debby. We may be stuck here for the next several days as well. Right now it's 60* and pouring... We've gotten almost 4" of rain since midnight. We've gotten 52" this year and a normal year is 25-30. So water is standing everywhere. Tomorrow night it's going to freeze and looks like we will be frozen for several days. So we may be joining you in our house prison.:barnie Hoping it thaws out enough to make it to Nashville for DW's flight next week.
Sounds like ice skating is in order!

Sorry to hear that Debby. We may be stuck here for the next several days as well. Right now it's 60* and pouring... We've gotten almost 4" of rain since midnight. We've gotten 52" this year and a normal year is 25-30. So water is standing everywhere. Tomorrow night it's going to freeze and looks like we will be frozen for several days. So we may be joining you in our house prison.:barnie Hoping it thaws out enough to make it to Nashville for DW's flight next week.

Yikes, that's a lot of rain. And @bruceha2000 is right, ice is zero fun. And dangerous. Hope you all can stay safe.

going down sounds fun, but not so sure about going back up:oops:

Our front lawn is sort of a terrace down to the main lawn. Way long ago we had a freezing rain on top of snow pack that resulted in a crust you could walk on -= so why not skate ? I strapped on my skates and went down the terrace - :th face first into the crust. Hobbled into the house, went to the nearest mirror and scrunched my face to check out the 'abrasion'. Hmm , why can I see my teeth through that hole an inch below my lower lip ? Still have the scar to prove my stupidity.

Our front lawn is sort of a terrace down to the main lawn. Way long ago we had a freezing rain on top of snow pack that resulted in a crust you could walk on -= so why not skate ? I strapped on my skates and went down the terrace - :th face first into the crust. Hobbled into the house, went to the nearest mirror and scrunched my face to check out the 'abrasion'. Hmm , why can I see my teeth through that hole an inch below my lower lip ? Still have the scar to prove my stupidity.

:th Whoa!

Guess it's true what they say Sour...with age (and experience) comes wisdom.

I finally got a picture of my brooder. Disregard chicken poo.
20171223_141159.jpg
20171223_141220.jpg

I like it low because it holds heat well and i sit on a stool to play with chicks. But i have made them with longer legs.

Back
Top Bottom