The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Quotes 228.jpg

You just needed a few more holiday pounds @sourland

Debby, I didn't know that you had personally met Blooie :)

Yep I did, back this past spring. Her DH was in town for some sort of lodge meeting so Blooie & I met up. I took her to our golf course and gave her the grand tour, she came to my house for a bit. We had such a good time, it was like we'd known each other a long time and it was just old friends catching up.

Dang, I sure miss her :hit

Good Morning Friends :hugs

07:30AM Christmas Eve!

Sour one word .. OUCH!

N F C sorry to hear about the snow spoiling your plans :(

I miss Blooie too! :(

Plans for today ….

Finish the housework plus do a load of washing.

Make a trifle and bake a cherry pie.

May be accompany hubby on the last minute grocery shop in town [depending on what stage I am at when he leaves].

Second coat on catio wall and stairs landing if time permits.

OMG, my Crazy Cat looks pregnant! Could it be? The worst possible news! She was supposedly spayed and came home with a scar on her belly. But her son WAS trying to breed her! Ugh, he has a flat chest defect, which is why we had him neutered recently. Besides not wanting spraying!
Sometimes they look like that when they are sick. Maybe get her checked out if there are other symptoms

So you do need a filter and stuff then?

Hey KD

Still under construction so it will look much better when finished with plants etc:

9 December 2017 A.jpg

There is a smaller pond still to be installed between the top pond and next one so the water drop is not so far.

Yes, you need filtration and moving water so that it does not go stagnant and the fishes have oxygenated / filtered water [same as tank]. The hole in the ground under the top pond is where the filter/pump will live. Water is drawn from the bottom pond, through the filter and up to the top pond where it cascades back down through two ponds to the bottom one. The pump is solar powered.

The top two ponds serve as bird baths for the local feathered residents and the bottom two are big enough to be home for fish.

This is how we had it set up at our old place with the filter inside the large flower pot:

November 2014.JPG

25th December 2015C.JPG

Because it is not a glass tank, you do not need to worry about cleaning the walls and if you have the filter external as we do, it can be removed and cleaned without messing up the ponds or upsetting the fish.

I love listening to the cascading water and sitting and watching the fish; very relaxing.

Yep I did, back this past spring. Her DH was in town for some sort of lodge meeting so Blooie & I met up. I took her to our golf course and gave her the grand tour, she came to my house for a bit. We had such a good time, it was like we'd known each other a long time and it was just old friends catching up.

Dang, I sure miss her :hit
I called her out of the blue today (stalked her on Whitepages ;) ). Had to make sure she was OK since she's my friend though we have never met and she's been gone so long.

Her CHF isn't helping her any but her voice sounded strong. Still having a hard time with Linda's passing. Those things are extra hard around holidays especially when people are close. I told her she was missed and if she decides to come back to the forums, this was a good place. No need to have chickens to visit here :D I don't know if she will but I hope so. She's a fun, witty lady.

Back
Top Bottom