The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I take it you're quite a bit farther north than Berts and me (he's TX, I'm FL). It is supposed to get cold again next week but that won't last terribly long. Then it'll probably just straight up to hot!

Appleton,MN... Last year we had our potatoes planted a couple days before Good Friday, we had a nice crop...just finished up the rest of them last night so they lasted a long time. Usually the end of April we start scratching around with the tiller.

big bon fire, to thaw the ground, dig a hole , get dirty, then cover it back up.........lol

not very productive, but it's nice to get some dirt under your fingernails every now and then.......

Sounds like work
1f606.png

well yeah........

my dad always managed to keep a punishment pile of dirt.....

I'd get in trouble, and have to move the pile a wheelbarrow at a time, to a new location in the yard......

How often did you get punished? There were 12 kids in my family... Dad would have had to have had a BIG pile of dirt and the wheel barrow never would have stopped!

well during the school year, it seemed like I worked on the pile more than in the summer, when I just had to work........

no ac, meant there wasn't a whole lot of reason to stay indoors....

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of AC unless it's humid out, I like open windows and fresh air!
mom and dad, didn't get ac until after I graduated........

they finally broke down about 15 years ago, and got central heat and air put in......

my kids will never know how it is to sleep in front of a window with a box fan humming away........

or in the winter, to know what it's like to go light the heaters before the morning shower to start heating the house......or warm blue jeans, that you left in front of the heater.

Back
Top Bottom