The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Lovely flowers Debby (got lots of flowers here at the mo, but I'm clueless as to what they are) and by golly your hubby has been busy with the duck palace! I'm assuming you are giving the ducks free reign on your swimming pool as well? [​IMG]

Chris

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Duck palace for sure

3. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    I'm sure there's more than just Debby that's a flower fanatic - any ideas what these are?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They are in my garden, but i did not plant 'em but the last one looks like a Triffid to me!

Any ideas or thoughts very welcome

Chris

4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thanks, everyone. It's so good to be home. We have been so stressed that grief kinda took a back seat, but in this case that's a good thing, I think. Rather than focusing on our loss, we focused for a bit on Sharon's loss last night. She's been in so much pain over the last 5 years. Fell and broke her hip, her pelvis, her femur and one bone in her back. (She had terrible osteoporosis) She had 3 surgeries on just her hip, and she also had Parkinson's. All that would be tough for anyone to go through, but when you are "slow" like Sharon it was even worse because she didn't always understand what was being said or done to her. Robbie was incredible, but he wasn't with her 24/7 so she faced some of it alone. She's lost that confusion, that pain, and that frustration now.

Learned stuff about Sharon that we didn't know. Robbie had a motorcycle and her favorite thing to do was hop on the back of that thing and they'd just go...up into the mountains, over into Nebraska - just all over. She loved it. She and Robbie had dated for 6 years before they got married, and had been married for 27 years. He is so special, and his life is forever changed. All he's done for the past 5 years is work and then take care of her.

Oh well, I guess we've reached that age now. We've gone from attending more weddings and birthday parties to attending more funeral services. [​IMG]

The chislic looks fantastic! Um, I didn't see a cold beer there, though....remember, it's "chislic 'n' beer"!

Debby, if that's your idea of a duck pen, I have an old trailer house I'd like to replace here...hint hint! You need a sign that says, 'Quackmore Estates!"

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I believe the 1st one is a Canna. The 3rd is a Bird of Paradise. No clue on the 2nd one. Very beautiful, all of them. Thanks Chris, I love flowers and yours certainly are gorgeous.

6. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    yep, those are invasive lillies......lol......

7. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    Wow, you're not just a pretty face are you? [​IMG] Blimey, first its chickens, baking, gardening, flower identification - is there anything you don't know?

Thanks a lot for the feedback - the last flower amazes me - vivid purple and orange is a stunning combo.

Enjoy the rest of the day

Chris

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I suppose it's 5:00 somewhere, so here you go Blooie. Have a cold one with that chislic!
    [​IMG]

Robbie and Sharon must have been a wonderful couple. Can only imagine the adjustments he's going to have to go through. Thank goodness he has you, Ken and all your family.

9. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    sweet!!! Your gonna love your ducks!!

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Were you talking to me or Berts? [​IMG]

If you mean me, yeah...there's a world of stuff I don't know.

Birds of Paradise are remarkable growing in the garden. Until I lived in FL, I'd only seen them in flower arrangements and thought they were weird. Seeing masses of them in the garden are something else...very unusual and striking. (Trifids [​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by