The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Thanks for the encouragement everyone on the duck hq. There's a lot of work to do on it but by the time we're finished, I think the chickens are going to be green with envy
big_smile.png
. Heck, I might be too!

I heard a rumor your chickens are getting a strike planned
cool.png

I heard a rumor your chickens are getting a strike planned
cool.png

Don't tell me I'll have to hire some scabs to come in and lay eggs for me, lol.

If the living quarters aren't enough to annoy the chickens, they'll probably be even more jealous of the ducks running around in the garden!

Is it cold up your way this morning? We got down into the 30's last night and it's only about 40* now. Brrr!

I have a plan for our future duck enclosure and pond.

first, I am planning on building it so that we can allow access to our fenced in vegetable garden. I will build about a 36" tall deck, to hold their pool. We will capture our rain water run off from the roof of the house, in barrels to use for the garden, and their pool. I will also pipe up the drain in their pool, to water the garden as well. (thanks Phil for the idea)

Last edited:
Don't tell me I'll have to hire some scabs to come in and lay eggs for me, lol.

If the living quarters aren't enough to annoy the chickens, they'll probably be even more jealous of the ducks running around in the garden!

Is it cold up your way this morning? We got down into the 30's last night and it's only about 40* now. Brrr!

I'll take your 40 and you can have my 16
1f606.png

I have a plan for our future duck enclosure and pond.

first, I am planning on building it so that we can allow access to our fenced in vegetable garden. I will build about a 36" tall deck, to hold their pool. We will capture our rain water run off from the roof of the house, in barrels to use for the garden, and their pool. I will also pipe up the drain in their pool, to water the garden as well. (thanks Phil for the idea)

Are you getting ducks this year Berts?

Good for you Berts, hope it works out that you can get some ducks. Keep talking to Phil and he'll make sure you do, lol!

Back
Top Bottom