The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I am a dog lover since birth but, when people cheer that their dog saved their life from fire or whatever, I see it differently. A dog or cat upset by something, comes to their owner so they will be taken care of. Owner interpretes this "I came to save YOU."

It's wonderful and often life saving that the animal alerts to danger.
I sold a dog once to a priest and it saved him from burning up in a fire!

KD, you're putting too much into this.... Dogs are like humans and each has it's own personality... My girl never cried out loud, but often cried in her sleep. My grandson busted her nose with a rock and she just came to me with a bloody nose like "daddy fix this"...

That's definitely true! But I just feel like certain breeds are more likely to have a certain personality, even if the occasional oddball doesn't fit it. I just don't want to wind up with another protective or antisocial dog. But I suppose with training and socialization, any dog could learn to get along with others. Or at least be calm and non reactive on walks even if they're not a dog park or day care kinda dog? Hate dog parks anyway lol

ES are hard though cause they're not really a "breed" per se, at least not with the kennel clubs, and are still mostly working, so each line varies so much and there are a lot of different looks and personalities so it's hard to tell.

I am a dog lover since birth but, when people cheer that their dog saved their life from fire or whatever, I see it differently. A dog or cat upset by something, comes to their owner so they will be taken care of. Owner interpretes this "I came to save YOU."

It's wonderful and often life saving that the animal alerts to danger.

I never thought about it like that but that's a good point. And I definitely believe that's true for cats :lol:

But idk, I think it depends on the individual. I do think some dogs are really attached to their owner and some do bark until they wake up and bite/try to drag them out or come back in to get them. They could just run out the door and not get the human.

I don't know, maybe I'm too optimistic haha

Good morning everyone!

Whew, made it through yesterday's tournament just fine. I fixed a buffet for the players lunch (smoked pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, cole slaw, carrot cake) and people seemed to like it. One nice thing about hosting tournaments, it exposes the course & restaurant to people that might not have come in before.

Sean, what happened to the links?
Just google R. Carlos Nakai and Peter Kater, oh heck, here's a link to Canyon Trilogy, great CD.

Their the foremost native flute artist!

Here ya go Diva! you can skip the intro if you want.

Blooie, as far as the bagpipes go...I love hearing them! It's not too late for Ken to start learning a new instrument
smiley devil.gif
Not sure what Fiona's response would be though.

Need to get out to clean up the coop before the winds kick in, be back later!

Back
Top Bottom