The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

DMC, that's amazing!!!! I'm so glad you shared this and I showed it Evan. He spends his summers as a volunteer at the Sertoma Butterfly House in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and is nuts about butterflies and the life cycles of the ordinary and the rare and extraordinary species. Monarchs are his favorite! He was practically drooling! :lau
I’m glad he enjoyed it, so amazing to see in person.
Sour is correct, they do that on their migrations. Seems all of them choose a particular tree to roost in overnight.
There was a particular tree on our ranch, that every year they would roost, just like the pictures you see of them roosting in trees in Mexico. Kinda awe inspiring.
South Texas is one of their major breeding grounds in their migration back North. Several years ago, we had major wildfires and it wiped out alot of milkweed plants.
They really haven't recovered from the loss.
Sad! I have seen so much milkweed this year. I even had one growing in the garden and told hubby to leave it but that storm that took our tree took that too.
The key to keeping up here is do what I do.....don't even try! I get so far behind sometimes, then I try to catch up to multiple conversations and I'm suddenly circular too! But they love me.....at least they pretend they do so they don't hurt the ol' lady's feel goods. :lau
Pretty hard not to love you Blooie!
Morning all :frow

Blooie that was just wonderful of kendra

DMC amazing video...
Thank you!
Good morning everyone!

So yesterday was the last restaurant day and it was awesome! Tiring but awesome! So many regulars came in for their "last meal" and we heard so many nice comments. Kept me running from 9am to 8pm but wow, it was great to go out like that!

Now, catching up on yesterday's events (circular, no? :lol:):

Hope we can meet up even if just for a few minutes B! Any time you're in the area, you just give me a shout :D

HOPE! You found us :wee You get right back here and tell us how you're doing, how the family is (I want to see that adorable baby!)!

Thanks Pert! Somehow that "long winter" goes by really fast :p I do love the free time though. One of the golf course regulars sniffed about how "boring" it would be...not for me! I'm never bored, there's always something to do!

Awesome B, just totally amazing! :love

Wow, that's impressive DMC! Must have been fun to see so many in one place.

Sour, you ever go to Cape May? I spent a few days there in the summer of 2010, pretty town with all the gingerbread houses.

You aren't any more lost than the rest of us Egg, just jump in where ever, whenever.

Of course we love you B! And I'm so thankful for each & every one of ALL of you!

'Opie is trying to help me type, best go feed the little monster so he'll get off my lap. Be back later!
I’m glad your last day was great! Those butterflies were awesome!
View attachment 1520888
Cant remember if I posted this one or not but it's too cute not too!!
View attachment 1520889
She is 5 1/2 months now! :eek:
So much cuteness!!

That's good Hope. Don't teach her about sweets. I didn't give my son candy & sweet junk when he was young and he didn't eat any even into HS. He discovered them in college but never got addicted to sweets or ice cream.

It's incredible, he will take a big soup spoon full of ice cream and no more. I can't help it, I have to finish things since he won't. Nothing worse than stale ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom