The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning all.
I found a 22 ton log splitter used for $600 but hubby says you have to do too much lifting of the logs with a splitter. Idk, i think he likes splitting logs. But his wrist needs surgery, so what do you do?
our son uses a maul, but hes never at home, always working so how he would split it i have no idea, husband has bad knees, back and shoulders so he couldn't really handle using a maul, but like your hubby, mine likes to be outside working, i have a hard time holding him back so i guess, just love them:hugs

That happens with all cats...they think they ARE royal :lol:
What do you mean "think"? They are BORN royal!

Here's some pics of George sleeping in bed with me.
Hogging the blankets?

just got back, we went to get chicken feed, looked at log splitters and ate out. husband needs a log splitter, his old one is giving him fits so told him to go get a new one, problem is, he wants one with a honda motor but doesn't want to pay the price (told him i would buy him what he wanted, just pick it out) hey, we can't take it with us and why deprive ourselves just to leave it to our son when it would save my husbands body?
Are there features on the one with the Honda engine that aren't on the other ones? Could make it worth the price difference.

Totally agree! Hubby bought this one a couple years ago, works really good.
Hubby can lift more weight than I can for sure! doesn't even look like he is putting out effort to lift that thing! What splitter did he get?

I found a 22 ton log splitter used for $600 but hubby says you have to do too much lifting of the logs with a splitter.
Some splitters can be swung 90° for either vertical or horizontal splitting. When vertical, the round doesn't need to be moved/lifted any more than splitting with a maul. And ... if you maul split with the round directly on the ground, the ground absorbs some of the shock of the maul. Better to pick it up and put it on an even bigger round or, if you have one, a large tree stump cut at ground level.

Hogging the blankets?

Are there features on the one with the Honda engine that aren't on the other ones? Could make it worth the price difference.

Hubby can lift more weight than I can for sure! doesn't even look like he is putting out effort to lift that thing! What splitter did he get?

Some splitters can be swung 90° for either vertical or horizontal splitting. When vertical, the round doesn't need to be moved/lifted any more than splitting with a maul. And ... if you maul split with the round directly on the ground, the ground absorbs some of the shock of the maul. Better to pick it up and put it on an even bigger round or, if you have one, a large tree stump cut at ground level.
Yeah, he puts the wood on another section before splitting it. Idk why he is so against a splitter.

20181004_123007.jpg
My albino quail. I have several of them now.
20181004_123334.jpg
One of my silver quail
20181004_122757.jpg
Another silver

Just got back from the vet with 2 royally ticked off cats. It took me longer to hunt them down and stuff them in their carriers than it did for the vet to do her routine exam.

One more cat to go (in Dec.) and we're good for another year.

Hogging the blankets?

bruce, i have no idea, i just go along for the ride( and to pay for him)
i do know he likes the honda motor because hes never had a problem with anything with a honda motor not wanting to start for him, he hates anything not starting when he wants to get it done "TODAY" he doesn't want to work on whatever

he wants one that works both ways and we're still looking, today was doctor day

Back
Top Bottom