The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

That was bad news about your floors Michelle :(

Guess we're luckier? No hardwood in the kitchen, just layers of laminate and linoleum and spongy sub-floors. Definitely have to do some removal and repair before any tile goes down.

Next week DH will have someone to help him finish putting up the drywall in the living room and kitchen. The mudding won't be done but just getting that heavy stuff up on the walls is a big step.

A good mudder, taper, floater is worth their weight in gold.

I can't tell you how much I hate tape and floating. I think it's the only thing that beats out plumbing.

Well, ok then Bob, guess I won't bother reserving a place for you on the job roster :lol: DH can do it but I keep bugging him about letting me do more. If he gets sick enough of doing it himself, maybe he'll teach me. ;)

And he actually doesn't mind doing plumbing either! He likes that better than the electrical work, he finds that tedious.

A long long time ago I was an electrician. That's something I enjoy. I also loved getting lost in the wood shop, designing and building the cabinets.

When I renovated the house in va, I hired 4 different taper/floaters to do small sections, finally found a good one in the fourth guy, paid him to do the rest and fix what I and others had done.

A good mudder, taper, floater is worth their weight in gold.
Finishing drywall is an art. The person doing the work has to have "the touch". And that AIN'T me!!!! I CAN do it, but a good taper can do an entire house to completion in the time it would take me to do one small room tape and 1st coat.

I'm sure they are Bob! Unfortunately, we're running pretty low on gold at the moment. I'm thinking that will be a 'do-it-yourself' job.
Better you & DH than me! Plumbing (copper source, PVC drain, haven't even done the easy PEX source), no problem, electrical, no problem. Those take logic but no artistic "flair". :bow to those that do drywall taping well.

A long long time ago I was an electrician. That's something I enjoy. I also loved getting lost in the wood shop, designing and building the cabinets.

When I renovated the house in va, I hired 4 different taper/floaters to do small sections, finally found a good one in the fourth guy, paid him to do the rest and fix what I and others had done.

Finishing drywall is an art. The person doing the work has to have "the touch". And that AIN'T me!!!! I CAN do it, but a good taper can do an entire house to completion in the time it would take me to do one small room tape and 1st coat.

Better you & DH than me! Plumbing (copper source, PVC drain, haven't even done the easy PEX source), no problem, electrical, no problem. Those take logic but no artistic "flair". :bow to those that do drywall taping well.

After reading what you guys said, I'm thinking maybe DH's perfectionist bug will be good to have (sometimes drives me crazy, but maybe for drywall it's a good thing to have).

I just went out to see the chickens...it's colder out there than I thought! What do you all do with frozen poop on the coop ramp? Darned stuff does not want to come off. Never had to deal with that in Florida and don't remember it being a problem last year either.

You know it's a cold day in h--l when poop freezes!

Back
Top Bottom