The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You know it's a cold day in h--l when poop freezes!
Doesn't have to be a cold day in hell, just a day below freezing! I moved one of my ramps that paralleled a roost because the chickens were pooping on it. Only fixed it some, one of the Exchequer Leghorns likes to roost on the upper end of it so she poops on the top cleat. I can usually pop at least some of it off with a piece of wood maybe 3/8" x 1.5" in cross section. The rest will have to stay until it warms up.

After reading what you guys said, I'm thinking maybe DH's perfectionist bug will be good to have (sometimes drives me crazy, but maybe for drywall it's a good thing to have).
Actually that is the opposite of what you want if you want it done fast, unless he has "the touch". The more you fuss with the mud drying to get it smooth, the worse it gets. Then you sponge the heck out of if before putting on the next coat ... and the next and the next. Butt joints are the worst.

I just went out to see the chickens...it's colder out there than I thought! What do you all do with frozen poop on the coop ramp? Darned stuff does not want to come off. Never had to deal with that in Florida and don't remember it being a problem last year either.

You know it's a cold day in h--l when poop freezes!
I'd be curious about that one too.
I bought a crappy tire iron the other day at a used goods store that I'm going to use to chip away at all of the frozen poop in the poop tray. I haven't been able to scoop it for several months now. :sick

I'd be curious about that one too.
I bought a crappy tire iron the other day at a used goods store that I'm going to use to chip away at all of the frozen poop in the poop tray. I haven't been able to scoop it for several months now. :sick

I guess the good thing about frozen poop is it doesn't stick to the chicken feet!

I did manage to chisel off one chunk...it flew up in the air and landed in the middle of the treats the girls were pecking at. That freaked them out, poor dears :gig That's about the time I decided to leave the rest where it is and try again another day.

I guess the good thing about frozen poop is it doesn't stick to the chicken feet!

I did manage to chisel off one chunk...it flew up in the air and landed in the middle of the treats the girls were pecking at. That freaked them out, poor dears :gig That's about the time I decided to leave the rest where it is and try again another day.
:lau

The whole first floor of our cabin has wood floors, except the bathroom.
Same here and our prior house. Tile in the bathrooms. Brick in the mudroom at the prior house, 2 steps down from the kitchen and another 2 to the garage. This house needs some "rough" tile in the mudroom, it is inside the enclosed porch. No height for brick there. We were going to get some when we got the tile for the bathrooms but they didn't have any more of the one we wanted. The guy was supposed to get back to me when something similar came in. Guess I need to do something about that, it was 5 years ago :gig

Same here and our prior house. Tile in the bathrooms. Brick in the mudroom at the prior house, 2 steps down from the kitchen and another 2 to the garage. This house needs some "rough" tile in the mudroom, it is inside the enclosed porch. No height for brick there. We were going to get some when we got the tile for the bathrooms but they didn't have any more of the one we wanted. The guy was supposed to get back to me when something similar came in. Guess I need to do something about that, it was 5 years ago :gig

If your guy is anything like the guy we had at Home Depot (he was supposed to get back with us on cabinetry), he doesn't work there any more. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom