The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Not even to take/pick up your kid at college?

I don't have any kids in college now. When I did, that was a 14 hour trip (one way):(

@Pawpawchick worked his butt off to make a nice duck run and coop! We are supposed to be getting them this weekend and thanks to hub's hard work we are ready!
View attachment 1703978 View attachment 1703979 View attachment 1703985 View attachment 1703988

Hubs did a good job fixing things up for the ducks Becca!

This morning I was cleaning out our finches, under which is the cockatiel nest. I could hear the babies grizzling because I was making their roof move, but when I looked underneath I couldn't see either of them. I looked behind the cages but still couldn't see them (and there's not enough room for me to get down on my hands and knees to look underneath from that side). So I moved all three stacked cages to find where they'd got to.

One was on the wrong side of one of the pieces of wood that are holding up the cages (so Button quail don't get stuck in the bars!), and the other one was the wrong side of the other piece of wood. Their crops were empty so I suspect they'd had a bit of a hungry night. Their parents seemed pleased to see them and filled them up as I held them. It's not at all cold here at the moment (and very humid to boot which is awful) so they weren't cold. But I have organised them a brand new nest which should stop them getting to where they shouldn't be, and I've seen the parents feeding them in there so we're all good.

Babies on Friday:
View attachment 1704326

Babies on Saturday
View attachment 1704327

And babies on Sunday (this morning).
View attachment 1704328
They are starting to grow feathers on their cheeks and the younger, at the front of the photo, looks like it's going to have the pearl pattern (I think).
View attachment 1704330
And here's their lovely, new, safe nest.
View attachment 1704329

Glad they're both ok J! Love the looks of those little bugs :love

Sigh* well the guy who was selling the Call ducks kinda messed me around. First it was supposed to be last weekend, then he wouldn't respond to my text all afternoon. Then when he responded he wanted more money than we agreed on. I declined. Guess I'll get a couple from TSC and grow them out for a few week. The wont be Calls, but we will still love em anyway.

What a way to do business, that guy should be ashamed of himself! You'll have fun with the other ones from TSC though. And if you find out ducks are just right for you, then you can add the Calls.
morning everyone:frow48*, thank goodness husband has his pellet stove going, i know, i know, if i was in pa that would seem like a heat wave:lol:

48* in FL is cold!

Doing fine this morning, leg isn't bothering me too much. It's starting out to be a good day...sunshine but still chilly 46°F no wind.

Glad your leg is having a good day Sean!

Yes:DNothing fancy and new tennis shoes too...feels like my first day of school:gig

First day of school tomorrow! You're going to be great, be sure to tell us how it goes :D

Sitting here in Casper. Knowing Debby is here somewhere but being stuck in meetings for the rest of the day sucks big time. But I have to get my parts of Ken’s Grand Lodge finalized and today is the only day I’ll have the people I need in one place to go over the schedule, decorations, gift bags, and the menues before I take them to the Holiday Inn tomorrow and get that stuff in the final contract. Just waiting for one more Past Grand Master’s Lady to arrive before we get out the planner and go to work. Oh, and Debby. I just learned last night that they are closing the Proud Cut down. Makes me sick!!

Argh! So close and yet, far away. :hit I was in Casper until about 10:45. Sad news about the Proud Cut, I was looking forward to trying them out! Now what are you going to make your fave in Cody?

I do have a couple of pictures to share. You'll have to look around the mess, it's a construction zone!
March 2019 b.JPG March 2019 c.JPG March 2019 d.JPG

On the left is the kitchen floor tile, all done!
Middle is the new fridge & range (under cover) and cabinets w/out the doors yet.
On the right is the hallway with a new coat closet added on the left, old dome hall light removed and 2 halogen lights inset into the ceiling, new drywall (still needs to be sanded)

I don't have any kids in college now. When I did, that was a 14 hour trip (one way):(

Hubs did a good job fixing things up for the ducks Becca!

Glad they're both ok J! Love the looks of those little bugs :love

What a way to do business, that guy should be ashamed of himself! You'll have fun with the other ones from TSC though. And if you find out ducks are just right for you, then you can add the Calls.

48* in FL is cold!

Glad your leg is having a good day Sean!

First day of school tomorrow! You're going to be great, be sure to tell us how it goes :D

Argh! So close and yet, far away. :hit I was in Casper until about 10:45. Sad news about the Proud Cut, I was looking forward to trying them out! Now what are you going to make your fave in Cody?
Will do! I’ve been contacting all my people today that I’m keeping(smaller jobs). They sound panicky when I tell them I got a new job:gigHow is the house coming along? Oops, I just saw pictures:lol:

I do have a couple of pictures to share. You'll have to look around the mess, it's a construction zone!
View attachment 1705169 View attachment 1705171 View attachment 1705172

On the left is the kitchen floor tile, all done!
Middle is the new fridge & range (under cover) and cabinets w/out the doors yet.
On the right is the hallway with a new coat closet added on the left, old dome hall light removed and 2 halogen lights inset into the ceiling, new drywall (still needs to be sanded)
Can’t wait to see it finished!

And we found out the kitchen counter top is in so next time I see it, that granite will be in place! :wee

Debby you're making fantastic progress....:thumbsup

Will do! I’ve been contacting all my people today that I’m keeping(smaller jobs). They sound panicky when I tell them I got a new job:gigHow is the house coming along? Oops, I just saw pictures:lol:

You'll be great DMC and you'll likely manage those you want to keep in addition.

Back
Top Bottom