The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I do have a couple of pictures to share. You'll have to look around the mess, it's a construction zone!
View attachment 1705169 View attachment 1705171 View attachment 1705172

On the left is the kitchen floor tile, all done!
Middle is the new fridge & range (under cover) and cabinets w/out the doors yet.
On the right is the hallway with a new coat closet added on the left, old dome hall light removed and 2 halogen lights inset into the ceiling, new drywall (still needs to be sanded)
looking good:thumbsup

Debby, DW and I were the crew for getting the house in VA ready to sell. We got there but it was a lot of work. Only three days on the market, so that was good. The buyer was an idiot but saw resale value for it. Carma was good though... A tree that stood in my back yard well for 20 years fell on the house after her over watered it.

I did check baby was still breathing, but I couldn't get a good angle (baby was fast asleep). Funny though.
18th babies.jpg

These babies must be the most well fed babies I've ever seen. Their crops looked extremely full before their parents started topping them up!
18th full to bursting.jpg

I had to clean out their new nest already - I'm sure glad there are only two! With the way their parents stuff them full of food every five minutes I can't say I'm surprised though.

Your house is looking great @N F C (but I know how you feel).

I did check baby was still breathing, but I couldn't get a good angle (baby was fast asleep). Funny though.
View attachment 1705548

These babies must be the most well fed babies I've ever seen. Their crops looked extremely full before their parents started topping them up!
View attachment 1705549

I had to clean out their new nest already - I'm sure glad there are only two! With the way their parents stuff them full of food every five minutes I can't say I'm surprised though.

Your house is looking great @N F C (but I know how you feel).
One of those babies looks like it has pendulous crop. :lau

One of those babies looks like it has pendulous crop. :lau

I know! When you hand feed them the instructions online tell you not to over feed them as you'll stretch their crop. If that happens you have to make a crop bra (I'm not kidding) so it will empty properly. But I'm assuming the chicks get good enzymes/bacteria from their parents to keep it all moving along.

I keep reassuring my DD that their doting parents know what they are doing. I sure hope so anyway.

Back
Top Bottom