The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good luck tomorrow Bob!

Does that mean you have to buy Sue 2 anniversary presents every year?
Of course! :gig In the early years about all I could afford was a single yellow rose for every year we'd been married. My most challenging year, was I think 25, not sure any more my memory slips a bit, but first I had to steal her engagement ring, then find a similar size and quality diamond to match the original. We moved the two diamonds outside and put the kids birth stones in the middle, also took the opportunity to connect the two into one.

I know you can top this one... But I always get a bang out of my SS earnings statement. I went into the military just after our first anniversary. That year my total earnings was about $7K. Our neighbors thought we were rich. But back then, it cost about $30 a month for groceries and $65 for rent with all utilities other than gas. It was a much simpler time and I find myself wandering back there more often than not.

@rjohns39 - My first job provided an annual base salary of $4,800 - needless to say I worked all the overtime possible and part time at a veterinary practice. Again our apartment was only $85/month. I have always been a saver and after a year and half of marriage we put a substantial down payment on 11 + acres and our starter home that sold for $21,500. Yeah, it was a different time. By the way we are still in our 'starter' home. Have I ever mentioned that I hate change ?

@rjohns39 - My first job provided an annual base salary of $4,800 - needless to say I worked all the overtime possible and part time at a veterinary practice. Again our apartment was only $85/month. I have always been a saver and after a year and half of marriage we put a substantial down payment on 11 + acres and our starter home that sold for $21,500. Yeah, it was a different time. By the way we are still in our 'starter' home. Have I ever mentioned that I hate change ?
I too hate change. Moved 23 times in our first 18 years. Then stayed put for 20 years. I'm now in my forever home.

we have that in common plus who wants to pack everything up to move

Well, Debby, another fail with the pig... :th I started the pot at 10:00 this morning and it's just now up to 110*. Where's my physicist when I needed him. :gig Plan B... Swap out the propane tank just before dark and set the burner to half open (the setting I use to simmer stock) and at 9:00 tomorrow we'll crank it back up and try again. 40 gallons of 35 degree water on a 150,000 btu burner. When I do my stock it'll come to a boil within 3 hours, but I generally do stock when temps are 50's and 60's and all the solids are at room temp when they go in.

I'm learning, just learning the hard way :barnie It's going to get down to 30 tonight, so I'll have to drain the hose before we swap out the tank. A fresh 20lbs tank generally lasts me about 36 hours, so this "should" work. I'm so glad we didn't try last weekend. It would have been way worse.

Maybe the piggy gods are fighting against you Bob :lol: I hope tomorrow is THE day for this to all come together. Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom