The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium member
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
Good afternoon everyone. I'm toast. Make that burnt toast! Hubs is doing laundry, I was thinking about getting caught up on a show but if I sit down in front of the TV I'll fall asleep. Having some coffee for now and waiting for ibuprofen to kick in while the dog snores next to me here on the couch.

N F C

April in Wyoming
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
Good afternoon everyone. I'm toast. Make that burnt toast! Hubs is doing laundry, I was thinking about getting caught up on a show but if I sit down in front of the TV I'll fall asleep. Having some coffee for now and waiting for ibuprofen to kick in while the dog snores next to me here on the couch.
Does that mean both you and the doggies got a workout at the park?

N F C

April in Wyoming
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming

I'm sure trimming the trees and processing a few birds didn't add to your toastiness. It had to have been the dog park. :gig

N F C

April in Wyoming
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
No, just the doggies. Believe it or not, processing roosters today took all my energy. I sat down after putting away some laundry and had a nap.
Somewhere along the lines today we switched places...you were going to have a cup of coffee and I was going to have a nap. Instead, you got the nap and I just finished a cup of coffee. :lau

N F C

April in Wyoming
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
Question for you guys that cook vegetables...

How do you roast beets? Confession time, I've never cooked them before.
smiley blush.gif

I've looked at several recipes online and some put them in foil, some don't. Some peel them, some don't. Some add a splash of vinegar. All I want are some slices that have been roasted with a bit of olive oil and salt. Is that not good?

What's the best way of doing this?

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium member
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
Question for you guys that cook vegetables...

How do you roast beets? Confession time, I've never cooked them before. View attachment 2028000

I've looked at several recipes online and some put them in foil, some don't. Some peel them, some don't. Some add a splash of vinegar. All I want are some slices that have been roasted with a bit of olive oil and salt. Is that not good?

What's the best way of doing this?
Maybe try them a couple of ways and see what you like best. I've only helped someone else roast beets and she would roast whole with the skin on because it's easier to remove the skin afterward. I'm a fan of pickled but that's about it.

N F C

April in Wyoming
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
Maybe try them a couple of ways and see what you like best. I've only helped someone else roast beets and she would roast whole with the skin on because it's easier to remove the skin afterward. I'm a fan of pickled but that's about it.
The only beets I've ever eaten were canned ones my mom used to make. She called them Harvard Beets and they had a sweet & tangy syrup on them.

Guess I'll just play around with them and see what happens. Thanks IM!

Top Bottom