The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Salad is the food.
I love salad.
Not that styrofoam iceberg wedge and the artificially flavored blue cheese dressing.
That is disgusting, but a fresh salad from your own garden?- wow- that is nirvana for me.

WOW what a monstrous tree! I love it!!

Gorgeous views, friendly atmosphere... perfect!
We have 5 others just like it! One of them the trunk is so big around that it took 6 of us holding hands to span the trunk! I mostly love them! They are willows. The thing I hate about them is that they are "self pruning". That means that every time the wind blows (which it never does in Wyoming, right?) branches drop - many branches - often times BIG branches. And each tree runs us about $500 to trim. But when we get out of the car and step into the shade of the yard, it's easily 10 degrees cooler! Without them this old trailer would be as comfortable in summer as a soda can in Las Vegas parking lot!

I know it's not much, but this old corner has been in Ken's family for decades. His grandparents owned it, then his aunt and uncle, then his parents, and now us. The kids know every inch and quirk of this old place. We had custody of and raised two of our older grandkids in this place. I'm glad you all saw what we see in it - a home.

Bibb lettuce, fresh tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinaigrette -
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom