The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I make pseudo Reeses by getting a jar of peanut butter, I prefer crunchy, and then pouring Hershey's chocolate syrup over it.. Stir well, then dig in and enjoy. No cooking, and ready to eat in just a few minutes. Plus all the mess in contained in the jar,

I used to love ice cream with peanut butter cups inside - nowadays can't stand it in ice cream
hu.gif
I like your method of Reeses, I'm still cleaning up the mess I made
wink.png

Guess it's odd, but I love ice cream, but only plain ice cream with nothing else in it. Best IMO is french vanilla in a sugar waffle cone :)

PS. Lunch is spinach and feta cheese pastries .. just returning the favour; hopefully igniting a hankering
tongue.png

Lawns mowed .. soon to share lunch with the girls and then some pleasant pottering in the garden, nothing too strenuous, really just an excuse to spend a beautiful day outside.
The pastries sound so delicious - I love anything with Spinach.

I did spend time with my hens - unfortunately it is time for the duo to go to the day spa for bum baths and pedicures very soon. Hopefully can get this done later this week. And our yards, flower beds are a real mess, I've had no time or energy to get out and do real work - but have to do so very soon or we'll be in a jungle here:(

Sunflour, you're right, you must get chicks...no choice in the matter at all (
wink.png
). These 6 next to my desk are really goofy this morning. It seems some of them are discovering their wings and trying to fly which terrorizes the ones that have no clue what's going on. Crazy kids!

Short day at work for me today. I have a check up with the doc this afternoon and she's over in Laramie so it will take me some time to get there. Today I'm actually looking forward to the drive...a whole hour or so of just sitting & driving all by myself, lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful day & I'll check in later!
You know you're tired when a trip to the doctor is relaxing
hmm.png
. Even just sitting in a waiting room can be nice when you need some "alone" time - but don't touch those magazines - for sure they harbor germs and you cannot afford to get sick from a doctor's visit. Hope you get good news on your check up.

Wondering which of your chicks are trying to fly? I think the chicks are supposed to be arriving around April 28th, will call and get an update to see if they are still on schedule.

JaeG - when is the mating/hatching season expected to end, you must be worn out. Great news that Luvy is helping. The pics are so cute, looks like that mouth on the baby is huge an I think I can see a tongue in there :)

Blooie - when is the ham dinner - that sounds awesome, would love to taste it.

Good morning!

J, that's good news about Luvy and Piper...kind of take some of the load off you.

Blooie, Ken's Easter/Thanksgiving dinner sounds really good. And now you even have a head start on the ham dinner!

Teila, I love savory pastries like your spinach & feta
droolin.gif
You might have to send me a care package...can't find them around here and I don't have time to make them. So about how much longer until you get to join hubby now? It's getting close, right?

Sunflour, you're right, you must get chicks...no choice in the matter at all (
wink.png
). These 6 next to my desk are really goofy this morning. It seems some of them are discovering their wings and trying to fly which terrorizes the ones that have no clue what's going on. Crazy kids!

DD, you should write a cook book with recipes like your peanut butter cup one. It could be a best seller with busy folk everywhere
lol.png

Short day at work for me today. I have a check up with the doc this afternoon and she's over in Laramie so it will take me some time to get there. Today I'm actually looking forward to the drive...a whole hour or so of just sitting & driving all by myself, lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful day & I'll check in later!
Watch those trucks.......sheesh, they don't care if you're there or not!! Hate I-80, but it seems to have 2 "worst" places....as you get toward Cheyenne in the east and Evanston in the west. Awful driving among them!!

I agree, Sunflour, you absolutely need chicks!! Get a bunch, they're little! Mine are finally out in the run and doing great. I can't remember the last time our spring temps were this balmy, so I moved 'em out and hoped for the best. Went out the next morning and even the brand new teeny little Bantys were chowing at the food dish.

Jae, hand rearing birds has got to be even more time consuming than raising human babies!! I don't know how you do it, but you have my respect, that's for sure! Cute photo of Luvy feeding Piper! I gotta look back and see if I shared a photo of our "Minnow", named after yours......

Today is coop cleaning day. Oh, I know, I said that a few days ago, but time got away from me. Ken's sister and her husband are coming up next weekend and I want everything to look nice, including the coop. AND I saw a mouse in the run. <shudder> Hate them things!! Set a trap last night - where there's one there are more, and I don't want snakes being attracted. If Katie reached into a nest and there was a snake in it I'd never get her back out there......who am I kidding, I'd never go back out there either!!

Yay, got my bunnies on Saturday. I'm so in love with these adorable critters.

A pair of lops, Pickles the doe on the left and Whiskey the buck. They are 3 months old.

And stinking cute Pokey the lionhead doe, she's 10 weeks, and can't possibly be real.

I also got my 7 muscovy hens a new drake after being without one for two years, everyone is happy to have a man again, and he is a bit confused but in heaven, now he has to figure out which end is which during mating.

He's the white one on the right.

Last edited:
I got my new chicks. I took a chance and just showed up and they had some
1f60a.png
I wanted 6 and got 10
1f606.png
3 California white, 2 black sex link and 5 EE's. They are not scared at all. I didn't ask how old they are...wasn't thinking!!

Good morning folks
frow.gif

J Fantastic photos! That is so sweet that Luvy is now helping you out with feeding Piper. So, with the busy schedule of babies you have had leading up to it, do you plan to hibernate for winter? Lol
wink.png
lau.gif

N F C I was wondering if anyone would ask if I made the pastries or cheated and I confess to cheating; preheat oven, open box, put pastries in oven, wait 30 mins! Ta Da! For frozen food they are quite delicious.

I hope your check up went OK and I am pleased that your littlies are doing well.

Sadly, I do not think we are even at the half way point to the reunion. Yesterday was 6 weeks and unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate totally over the Easter weekend and the coop is not yet ready.

I need 5 weeks from when the pets leave to give the Real Estate notice and get everything done. Some things there is no point in doing until the pets have left, like painting the deck [chicken poop] and washing curtains [cat hair]. Others I definitely can not do until the pets have left, like sell the coop.

We have to coincide the pet arrival with hubby’s RDO which is every second Friday. If the coop is finished next weekend, his RDO is the following Friday but I do not think that a week is going to be enough to finalise the transport arrangements and get them up there, so the next date they can leave will be the 12th of May plus 5 weeks means an end date for me around the 16th of June or so. That is 9 weeks away so nope, not even at the half way point yet
sad.png

There is some hope that he might be able to switch his RDO, take a day off etc but being a new job, not sure if that is a good idea. We shall see.

sunflour take it easy catching up with stuff that got out of hand while you were unwell; don’t want you going downhill again by overdoing it. Looking forward to the chick pics.

Blooie So no more losses? I certainly hope not and it sounds promising that your little ones are now outside. Did you get a response to your e.mail?

OHLD Aaaaw, cuteness overload in the bunny department! Congrats on the new Muscovy Drake also, he is a handsome fella.

DMC Congrats on your box of cuteness too! I love the pic of the curious cats!

Last edited:
Hopefully that 9 weeks will fly by Teila! Anxious for that time frame myself
wink.png

Out of those of you who hatch your own, does anyone use a still air incubator? I'm considering getting one for a back up. I'd heard somewhere that adding water bottles helps maintain a more even temp in them.

Any truth to this?

I'm glad to come back on here and find everyone is doing well and hustling and bustling!
love.gif
I LOVE spring!!!

Your new bunnies are so, so cute as is the new drake. Bet ya he figures things out quite quickly
big_smile.png

I got my new chicks. I took a chance and just showed up and they had some
1f60a.png
I wanted 6 and got 10
1f606.png
3 California white, 2 black sex link and 5 EE's. They are not scared at all. I didn't ask how old they are...wasn't thinking!!

Congrats on your newbies - they are so cute, my guess is less than a week old. The cats do look too interested
hide.gif

DH did confirm the expected shipment, I hope to have my own newbies April 28th ...they are scheduled to arrive that day and OMG I am off too..
jumpy.gif
. If luck is on my side, I'll have 4 or who knows how many new chicks in my brooder.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom