The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good grief Debby!! That would absolutely suck. I wish I could help you out:(

I'd hire you in a minute! You could teach me how to decorate for one thing. I bake but am not a decorator, lol.
Cake wreck.jpg

(Just kidding, I wouldn't do even this well with a cake like that :lau)

I'd hire you in a minute! You could teach me how to decorate for one thing. I bake but am not a decorator, lol.
View attachment 1049242
(Just kidding, I wouldn't do even this well with a cake like that :lau)
That's quite the cake! I can't decorate cakes...cupcakes and cookies are my thing. I would love to learn to decorate cakes though. I'm in need of a vacation Debby...maybe Wyoming and I could be your partner in crime...or cooking:lol: Hubby wants to travel there sometime.

Sigh, more drama at the course. Feel free to skip ahead if you'd like.

Yesterday our head cook called the substitute cook asking him to fill in because he had a kid emergency. A few hours later, he texted DH with a different excuse for not coming in to work. Today he didn't show up, call or text at all. DH is fed up (as am I). We had to turn people away for lunch today and can't open for dinner.

Anyone know a dependable cook? (Apparently, they're in short supply around here.)

:barnie

I hear you on the hot weather (103-104 for us the next three days) and altitude. Nothing up there to filter the sun's rays. :cool:

:barnie

I hear you on the hot weather (103-104 for us the next three days) and altitude. Nothing up there to filter the sun's rays. :cool:

So that's why it feels hotter here, no sun filter. 90* wasn't unusual in FL, but 90* here feels different.

Stay as cool as you can Friday!

Good morning Debby, Sunflour and all. I have 3 cleans today and then home to pack the camper up for camping at the Clear Lake Rodeo. I don't love rodeos but my boys like to go and they need a safe place to sleep. Hubby is not thrilled either. I've been warned that I will see things I would rather not see. Camping is in a pasture so will probably step in a cow pie:hmmIt's raining today so I don't want to go to the coop but I have to change water. Awesome on the customer returns Debby...I have no doubt they loved it there!! Enjoy your day off Sunflour. Have a great day all.

I would love to go to a Rodeo - but camping in a wet cow pasture would be a challenge :sick

I did ruin my favorite ankle boots in college when collecting mushrooms in a a cow pasture for biology. They were Blue Suede and no one but me liked those shoes.:lau.

Do wear washable shoes :)

Back
Top Bottom