The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh cool!! :)

I love theater and stuff but haven't done much of it

Nice!

Agreed. I bet they were beautiful on big lots/farms.

:lau

X3

That's a cool hobby. :)

Aww so sorry!

X2

And sorry about your house too :/

Nice!!

Whyyyyy!?
Thanks! :hugs I made a promise to my mother and I fulfilled it. :p

I know, I've been doing it since I graduated high school. It got me through college and is my main job now. :idunno Its pays the bills and helps people at the same time. A win, win in my book. It's only heartache when I loose a beloved client and I lost two last year. Needless to say, it hit me pretty hard.
I bet they loved you. You have such a happy personality! I understand getting close to the elderly. One of my favorites that I clean for just moved into the care center and not all of the workers are caring. That’s what my sister does in North Carolina and I have another sister that works in assisted living and my mother was a CNA and she did home health care for years. I am so glad there are people like you who care.

My baby quail is 2 weeks old today. I took a few photos (well, lots of photos but only a few good ones).
Gramma quail.jpg

Here are most of the babies with their grandmother, Matilda. She's a great babysitter, but only hatches one chick at a time herself!

Cutie.jpg

It won't be until she is about 6 weeks old before I know for sure what she's going to look like.

We moved the younger five into a proper cage with a heatlamp today. Three of them proceeded to climb the sides of the vertical, deep plastic base on the cage and squeeze through the bars! :barnie Their cage sides are now wrapped in a sheet! Little devils! But the poor things must feel like they've been abducted and transported to Mars as they've never seen straw before. So they are not in a photogenic mood!

I'll have to remember to pop a little bit of straw in the brooder so that the next babies (who might start hatching on my Monday - your Sunday, except Teila of course) are familiar with the stuff.

Attachments

• 2 weeks old.jpg
    2 weeks old.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 4
I bet they loved you. You have such a happy personality! I understand getting close to the elderly. One of my favorites that I clean for just moved into the care center and not all of the workers are caring. That’s what my sister does in North Carolina and I have another sister that works in assisted living and my mother was a CNA and she did home health care for years. I am so glad there are people like you who care.
Thank you. :hugs Yes, I get very close. Perhaps too close. But the smile on their faces when they see you walk in the door, makes it worth it. That and helping them forget their pain for long enough laugh and laugh they do around me. :lol: My 79 year old used to say all the time as she laughed at my jokes, "Girl! You're something else!" ( dialysis is a terrible thing to suffer through)

So, as I do most days, I sent hubby a shopping list of stuff to pick up from town on his way home. On today's shopping list was watermelon [for the girls] and 'a ticket to somewhere cooler' :p

This just arrived via e.mail ...............

View attachment 1251257

:smack :lau
But you have to admit, that was a good one! :gig

Back
Top Bottom