The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You can have it, here take it :bow

Me too! I'll share. This heat and humidity is doing me in!

I don't know how you do it Teila (we've had 29C here: 84.2F and that's too hot for me). We are going to miss the ex-cyclone but the remnants of it might be pushed our way by a front coming up from the south which should cool things down slightly. Hopefully we'll get a little rain but I won't hold my breath!

An early good morning all!

@Teila thanks for sending out an all-points bulletin for our friend @Blooie hope it works. And I hope you get some relief from the heat (although I wouldn't recommend the White Star Line trip).

@NickyKnack I enjoyed your posts yesterday, you should hang out with us more often. We're pretty awesome you know :gig

@JaeG yay, more little bird pictures! Your comment about straw in with the babies reminded me of when I added straw to my first little flock's brooder. You would have thought it was some sort of hazardous waste, they were terrified to walk on it :lol:

@rjohns39 such a beautiful kitchen you created! Do you have plans on doing something similar to the house you're in now (or maybe it's already terrific?)?

@bruceha2000 are you a woodworker too?

Morning all... :frow

Debby, I think I'll redo this kitchen once I get a lot of other things under control. I'd like to make this one from trees on my land, which adds to the fun. Cut the timber, mill it, dry it, and etc. Of course that means I need my band saw mill. And a covered place to dry it.

Updating your kitchen with wood from your own property would be great fun! A lot of work but what a cool project.

On a similar (but much smaller scale), DH had to clear some trees from our FL property and used that wood for several projects. I loved the big planter he made but that had to stay with the house. I do still have the coat tree he made though, nice to have.

There's just something "fitting" about using your own trees for beautifying your own house.

Thank you. :hugs Yes, I get very close. Perhaps too close. But the smile on their faces when they see you walk in the door, makes it worth it. That and helping them forget their pain for long enough laugh and laugh they do around me. :lol: My 79 year old used to say all the time as she laughed at my jokes, "Girl! You're something else!" ( dialysis is a terrible thing to suffer through)
I totally get it. My mom did dialysis...she chose to quit in the end (after having a stroke)as she knew she would never walk again. Keep up the good work:hugs

I love a sunny day above freezing! Wish i had the energy to match my ambition. I did sleep a LOT last night, recovering from the flu. Maybe i can work a bit on the rabbit cage.

Hope today is a good day for you Cap...that flu bug can really knock the stuffings out of a person. Take it easy!

Back
Top Bottom