The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Well hello guys! I've barely been on here for months and months. Thought I'd pop in and say hi. My parents are divorcing so I kinda have been on autopilot for the last ten months but I miss the BYC community so I'm gonna try to be a bit more active on here. ;)

Thank you! It's alright, it was a long long time coming, and I think the whole family is happier in the long run. :)
Chose not to "like" your first post because of the "news" though I'm happy you have come back to the flock. I did "like" the second one. Yes, sometimes divorce is better in the long run but it sure is a painful process for all involved. Hopefully your parents will not play the kids against the other parent. Mine did not and having seen it happen to others, I am eternally grateful.

Well hello guys! I've barely been on here for months and months. Thought I'd pop in and say hi. My parents are divorcing so I kinda have been on autopilot for the last ten months but I miss the BYC community so I'm gonna try to be a bit more active on here. ;)

Sorry to hear that Cuz. We're here for you in you want to hang out or need a hug.:hugs

Chose not to "like" your first post because of the "news" though I'm happy you have come back to the flock. I did "like" the second one. Yes, sometimes divorce is better in the long run but it sure is a painful process for all involved. Hopefully your parents will not play the kids against the other parent. Mine did not and having seen it happen to others, I am eternally grateful.
Well thank you. :) That's definitely been happening in our family to an extent. They vowed it wouldn't happen, but I feel like even subconsciously they are doing it anyway, which is certainly painful. :/ I feel like in the end it'll be better though.

Sorry to hear that Cuz. We're here for you in you want to hang out or need a hug.:hugs
Think you so much! You really did help me in the beginning when all this started going down and I've thought many times about the wise insight you gave over a year ago. :hugs
Did someone mention KFC? :drool

Nice to have you here, @CuzChickens! ;)
howdy jet, and thanks! (It feels so weird calling you that. :lau)

Well thank you. :) That's definitely been happening in our family to an extent. They vowed it wouldn't happen, but I feel like even subconsciously they are doing it anyway, which is certainly painful. :/ I feel like in the end it'll be better though.

Think you so much! You really did help me in the beginning when all this started going down and I've thought many times about the wise insight you gave over a year ago. :hugs
howdy jet, and thanks! (It feels so weird calling you that. :lau)
Haha, I prefer Jet online :p

Welcome back! I’m sorry to hear about your parents too.

I just got a mental picture of Cap peddling bunnies - I know it’s not funny but, well.......

Freemasonry is the oldest living Fraternity in the world, Kelsey. It did start out as a guild of actual stone masons, only men involved in stone work, but they began to allow others into the guild and Freemasonry evolved. The entire premise for masonry is “Taking Good Men and Making Them Better” and the stonemason tools of the Square, the Compass, and the Level are the most important symbols of the craft. Men must square their actions, keep themselves on the level with all people, and the compass is the reminder to keep passions in check. Look it up - you’ll be stunned at how many we’ll known and influential men throughout history were Masons, including this familiar man:

View attachment 1338703

That's what I pictured too! I thought it was funny.

And thanks for the interesting info! I think I have a relative that was a mason. Online it says he was a ship builder and/or captain or something, and in the revolutionary war. But I think it says he was also part of the free masons? And some other clubs to do with the revolution. With Sam Adams and Paul Revere and stuff

That's definitely been happening in our family to an extent. They vowed it wouldn't happen, but I feel like even subconsciously they are doing it anyway, which is certainly painful. :/ I feel like in the end it'll be better though.
As my father said when I thanked him the most recent time a couple of years ago (mind you they got divorced when I was 11, 50 years ago) "It was between your mother and me, not the kids".

If you think they might be playing the "guilt" card or the "belittle the other parent" card, even subconsciously, point it out in a nice way. Just because they have "issues" with each other doesn't mean the kids have those same issues and shouldn't have to decide which parent to side with. You shouldn't be put in a position to even consider such a thing. You can still love both of them equally, want to spend time with both of them, even though they don't want to be with each other.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom