The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Me too! If Ken looks at something that's broken and says, "This can be fixed but it would cost you more to do that than to replace it" or "Sound Taps" then I know it's time to look for a new whateveritis. I don't even try to second guess him. For example, I wish I still had my old microwave. That thing was a huge beast, one of the first that Linton came out with, but man, it was about perfect. It had a rack so I could cook more than one item at a time. It had a recipe book with stuff that could be cooked that way and most of them were really good. I still use that cookbook. It had a meat probe. It didn't dry things out (unless you over-nuked them!) Yes, I did use my microwave to help prepare meals rather than just heat up coffee, so it got a workout. When you can cook meats and they are delicious, you hang on to what helps you do that. This new, "updated" microwave with it's instant buttons is a piece of .......chicken poop! It dries out meats so I don't even bother with that anymore, and it's too doggone small! But Ken said that the old girl couldn't be fixed this time, so after almost 30 years of use, she had to be done away with. I got her in 1983 and used her until about 2011.
That is a long time for a microwave. I use mine a lot too. I actually want a smaller microwave. I don’t have a ton of counter space.

Um, where is Bruce....did I make him mad? I hope not. I love that dude!
:frow Not mad! I doubt you could do anything to make me mad :hugs

School is going good, all A's so far :D
:thumbsup
Glad you dropped in.

So far my winter has been windy, snowy and cold...that pretty much says how I'm doing
Of course EVERY winter since you moved to WY has been the same.

Get thee some quality eye drops.
My optometrist prefers the Genteal brand for OTC. Can't always find them, I use drops during the day and the night time severe ointment at night. Yep clear as a coating of vaseline, put that in and head straight to bed. My "primary" drops are FreshKote, I use them 3 times a day, sometimes more. Not all the time though because they seem to leave some residue that dries, like "morning crusties" if used too often. I can get them from her and Amazon, they don't seem to carry them at pharmacies. They aren't cheap, about $35/bottle.

The average gun fight in a home invasion scenario occurs at 7 ft.
And is a hollow point an appropriate round for 7'?

Kelsey, you can go to an eye doctor and they will put plugs in your tear ducts.
I have those since I have developed a dry eye problem a couple of years ago. Apparently I produce enough tears but they drain out too fast. BTW, the plugs are EXPENSIVE. MANY hundreds of dollars each eye expensive. And they need to be replaced every 6 months.

I keep my Sig Sauer '45 on the night stand! A shotgun in the living room and a .22 rifle by the back door. Living in the country you can't depend on the police to be there when a break-in occurs.
Is there not a concern that someone might break in and have access to those 2 guns to use against you?

Glad you got it fixed, or as bad as running out of paper towels! :lol:
We use paper towels but cloth ones too. There is one for drying hands, one for drying dishes and a third for drying the cats' dishes. We don't go all out cleaning those, just a wet brushing so we don't use the "dishes are properly clean" towel.

I had to race around and make it all look like home and gardens again this morning as they were coming at 11am.
:fl
What is the "moving to" plan if you get a buyer?

She’s done so much work before we’ve even paid for any advertising through her agency.
Things are different there I guess. Never heard of paying a realtor to advertise, maybe it happens and I'm just clueless. Pretty much everything goes on the Multiple Listing Service so the property is known to anyone who wants to look.

i have to go get the root canal in the morning then go across the street and have the hole hes going to drill filled
Wait, he is going to drill a hole in your tooth and expects someone else across the street to fill it? :th

Seriously, a doughnut house?! :lau
How cliché.

I think even back then it was about $400.00!
$14/year. Would have cost a lot more if you had to buy a new one every few years because, as we know, "they don't make them like they used to".

Morning Sean! DMC, as well as that big old Linton worked I always found a place for it! ;)

I love to cook and I’m darn good at it. I hate hate hate to bake. Been watching the Kids’ Baking Championship for a few years now. This morning after 3 hours and 10 minutes of sleep, I got a wild hair and thought, “I could do that!”

Move over, kiddies, Blooie’s got this! BooYah! Nailed it!

6C1F4C2C-24E1-4669-90FD-0D1F4DC0792F.jpeg

2D44FC48-EDAD-4EA4-BA64-C824F0A9DD57.jpeg

BF26D17E-4381-482B-AC9F-0BFAA99DEDCE.jpeg

:frow Not mad! I doubt you could do anything to make me mad :hugs

:thumbsup
Glad you dropped in.

Of course EVERY winter since you moved to WY has been the same.

My optometrist prefers the Genteal brand for OTC. Can't always find them, I use drops during the day and the night time severe ointment at night. Yep clear as a coating of vaseline, put that in and head straight to bed. My "primary" drops are FreshKote, I use them 3 times a day, sometimes more. Not all the time though because they seem to leave some residue that dries, like "morning crusties" if used too often. I can get them from her and Amazon, they don't seem to carry them at pharmacies. They aren't cheap, about $35/bottle.

And is a hollow point an appropriate round for 7'?

I have those since I have developed a dry eye problem a couple of years ago. Apparently I produce enough tears but they drain out too fast. BTW, the plugs are EXPENSIVE. MANY hundreds of dollars each eye expensive. And they need to be replaced every 6 months.

Is there not a concern that someone might break in and have access to those 2 guns to use against you?

We use paper towels but cloth ones too. There is one for drying hands, one for drying dishes and a third for drying the cats' dishes. We don't go all out cleaning those, just a wet brushing so we don't use the "dishes are properly clean" towel.

:fl
What is the "moving to" plan if you get a buyer?

Things are different there I guess. Never heard of paying a realtor to advertise, maybe it happens and I'm just clueless. Pretty much everything goes on the Multiple Listing Service so the property is known to anyone who wants to look.

Wait, he is going to drill a hole in your tooth and expects someone else across the street to fill it? :th

How cliché.

$14/year. Would have cost a lot more if you had to buy a new one every few years because, as we know, "they don't make them like they used to".
Thanks! It's nice to see you!

Morning Sean! DMC, as well as that big old Linton worked I always found a place for it! ;)

I love to cook and I’m darn good at it. I hate hate hate to bake. Been watching the Kids’ Baking Championship for a few years now. This morning after 3 hours and 10 minutes of sleep, I got a wild hair and thought, “I could do that!”

Move over, kiddies, Blooie’s got this! BooYah! Nailed it!

View attachment 1651763

View attachment 1651764

View attachment 1651766
Looks yummy! :drool

Back
Top Bottom